Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The slot is almost recessed and difficult for an adult to buckle.
Almost recessed, like these in our 2021 Trailhawk (leather seats)?

Car Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Vehicle

Yeah, the tops of the latches are about flush with the seat surfaces. But I just tried one of the seatbelts, and it snaps in just fine. And pressing the red tab down unsnapped it quite easily.

Wife occasionally rides in the back, and she says she's never had any problem with the seat belts.

Did your latches maybe somehow sink down farther, below the seat level?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
No, just like yours.
Like I said, we've never had any problems bucking or unbuckling the rear seat belts. They snap right in, and you just have to realize that the button pushes down to release -- rather than sideways or in, like on this type, which your passenger s may be more used to...?

Azure Electric blue Gas Auto part Cable

Or maybe the fact that the latches are flush with the seat surface is what's throwing your passengers off...?

By the way, here are the rear seatbelt latches in my 2009 VW GLI:

Car Automotive design Red Auto part Tints and shades

They do extend up a bit farther from the seat surface, but they latch and unlatch exactly the same. The latches can just be felt better, maybe...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I don't want to keep beating a dead horse... But exactly how are your passengers finding it difficult to operate the seatbelts? Do they not buckle/unbuckle smoothly? Don't the clips go all the way down into the latches? Isn't there enough room, with the latches flush to the seats, to get hands down there?

But, yeah... A seatbelt extender should work, if you don't mind it flopping around when not used. Less than $10 each...

Rectangle Material property Font Electronic device Electronics accessory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.