Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks @Lackadazikal great pics from those threads.

I think I'm gonna venture in there tomorrow!!!

Either way I'm 50/50 this is gonna work - it looks like its not flat against the window. Looks like there might be a layer of plastic. The speedpass will work through that but my parking garage has very weak sensors (cant even detect it on the right side of the box, has to be the left.

Now I'm armed - will "pull gently lol
Interested on how this turned out?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Latitude just has a couple small sensors with small wires attached to the window. There is enough room in there to do something, but getting power to it might be the issue. I took mine off to see if an aftermarket auto dimming mirror could be added. Did not seem to have a power source behind it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very interesting!! Sorry about your Renny issues Raz-0:( I hope it gets fixed quickly. On to the rain sensor, I had someone from UK that has rain sense wipers post a pic on another sub-forum on here and it shows two items. One is forward looking camera/ lane sensor and the other is rain sensor(same sensor we have). Did you hear that 16 Renny's in US will get rain sensing wipers?? Crazy since we are talking about this and then bam, they are making the change. LOL I wish we could figure out how to make our wipers work with the pre-installed sensor??? Still so weird to install sensor and not allow us to use it??

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that rain sensing wipers is something that is not needed? I can certainly tell when it is raining out and can figure out when it is time to turn on my wipers. Or turn them off.

I'm just not a fan of all this automatic "stuff." I don't use the automatic headlights or automatic climate control in my car and wish my car didn't have it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello bwbike

My previous car had them and my 14 Cherokee has auto wipers but my Renny does not. Its not that I have to have them but it is kind of neat how technology has advanced so much and all over the years. We continue to advance each year and cars, computers, cellphones, TVs, etc will continue to advance and in the future I bet every car will have auto wipers, camera systems, auto drive, voice recognition controls, etc as standard features. I used to not care about all that stuff and used to resist change but I finally accepted it and all. LOL

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wish that big empty space could have been used to make a sun glasses holder or something useful. My old car had a little sun glasses hide-away compartment up there. Thanks for solving this riddle. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now there's an add-on I'd buy: a replacement for the cover that has a storage case in it.

I'd also buy an add-on that replaces the Jeep cover next to my primary USB port (I have a 2WD so the terrain selection is covered by a plastic panel).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was wondering if I could put my EZPass in there. My wife told me not to mess with it and the EZPass said it should be placed below the black glare coating of the windshield. I am going to open mine just to see what is in it (I have a TH).

·
Registered
131 Posts
ive been looking at getting a clipon rearview mirror/dvr combo... this would be fantastic news if there was something in there I could wire it to so that I dont have to run a wire around my windshield...

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Would definitely be a great place for an ezpass. Anyone test it out yet??
I like that idea, but I take it there will be a way to have the side to be opened easily. Since
1-I've seen a few folks having to detach the ezpass module and hand it to the toll officer to place it over the sensor to raise the bar. And
2-to test if the black box won't interfere with the signal.

TS

41 - 60 of 96 Posts