Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum! Searched and couldn't find anything exactly the same as my issue, so here I am.

Wife and I just bought a 2020 Renegade Latitude last week. Love it so far, except for one issue: when using the rear washer fluid, the front fluid would piddle out about 2 inches, just dropping on the hood, and after bringing it to the attention of the dealer at the Resist-All application, now it squirts out about 6 inches, just barely hitting the windshield. This ONLY happens when using rear washer lever that it does this, when using the front washer, it works great and nothing comes out of the rear, but using rear causes this strange issue.

Any ideas what it could be, because the dealer doesn't seem to know? I've built pre-1990 vehicles from the ground up, but don't want to tinker with this and void a warranty, just want something to tell the dealers to look at.

Thanks in advance for any information!

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
791 Posts
So, I've been trying to research this with my limited abilities. I found this:
"The washer pump circuit is supplied by a two-way electric pump located in the lower part of the washer
fluid reservoir, which is located between the left front fender and the fender inner shield ahead of the left
front wheel and the front wheel house splash shield. A small permanently lubricated and sealed electric
motor is coupled to the rotor-type washer pump. The electric motor is reversible and an integral valve
body allows the washer pump/motor unit to provide washer fluid to either the front or the rear washer
systems, depending upon the direction of the pump impeller rotation.
The washer pump is retained on the reservoir by the interference fit between the pump inlet nipple and
the grommet seal, which is a light press fit. This fit allows for mounting of the washer pump without the
use of fasteners. An integral connector receptacle on the top of the motor housing connects the unit to
the vehicle electrical system through a dedicated take out and connector of the engine compartment wire
harness.
cardiagn.com
The washer pump cannot be repaired. If ineffective or damaged, the entire washer pump must be
replaced. The rubber grommet seal/filter screen is available for separate service replacement."

So, it sounds to me as if the pump is bad - in that the internals of the pump allows the discharge pressure of the reward directed pump to also discharge some pressure towards the front (which it should not do). It appears the only solution is to replace the pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the info! I'm not sure if its the same for 2020 as the 2015-2018 models, but its worth a shot. I didnt pick the car mind you, so I didnt do a whole lot of research before the purchase. The wife likes it, so "happy wife, happy life" is the motivator here.

In either case, I'll take this info to the dealer, and tell them it needs to be fixed, its a brand new car, just under 200 miles, had 41 when we got it, there should be nothing at all wrong in my opinion. Plus we got the bumper-bumper warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Renegade 4x4 sport
6 Posts
My 2018 Renegade is having the opposite problem i have 23k on it as of this post, engage the front washer fluid you can see the fluid coming out of the rear washer but not in a mist engage the rear it works fine with mist and no fluid out of the front....now I'm also finding out about the line that goes to the rear window from the washer reservoir has a tendency to crack and leak because of the material it's made of!!! Mine has not as of yet but I'm keeping a eye on it!!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
My 2018 Renegade is having the opposite problem i have 23k on it as of this post, engage the front washer fluid you can see the fluid coming out of the rear washer but not in a mist engage the rear it works fine with mist and no fluid out of the front....now I'm also finding out about the line that goes to the rear window from the washer reservoir has a tendency to crack and leak because of the material it's made of!!! Mine has not as of yet but I'm keeping a eye on it!!!! Lol
What are you adding and what are you wanting answered? o_Oo_Oo_O

imho RSanges, a forum regular has given an easy to read explanation of possible washer faults and rectification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.