Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2019 renegade latitude and the rear passenger windows are not working. I tried the window lock and still nothing. Anyone know what it could be? the front ones work no problem.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
723 Posts
To clarify:

The rear windows won’t work from the driver seat switch? But will they work from the respective rear switch?

If this is the case, then you’ll need a new driver side front switch assembly (see part #2 in the diagram below)...

The aforementioned is for all three items, whereas you’ll simply want #2. For the life of me I can’t find the switch assembly by itself (except on Ebay).

I would go ahead and check the connections prior to ordering anything up in case the previous owner had it apart for some reason and didn’t connect the switch fully. Might just be loose.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
723 Posts
None of the switches will make them work
It’s strange that both the rear motors would would go out and only after a couple years. That’s kind of what I’m thinking it would be, but would want to check all the electrical first. I’d even go so far as to removing the negative battery cable for 15 minutes, to see if something got messed up with the computer.

I’d even input your VIN into the UConnect website to see if there is an update as well.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea before changing out the rear motors....

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s strange that both the rear motors would would go out and only after a couple years. That’s kind of what I’m thinking it would be, but would want to check all the electrical first. I’d even go so far as to removing the negative battery cable for 15 minutes, to see if something got messed up with the computer.

I’d even input your VIN into the UConnect website to see if there is an update as well.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea before changing out the rear motors....
None of the switches will make them work
I agree, reconnect the battery terminals, I had a Mazda 2014 CX5 and it did the same thing.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
441 Posts
Strange. Cant be a failure of a switch or motor because both stopped at the same time. I vote for disconnecting the battery overnight, give the electrical system a fresh reboot. If that doesn’t work, perhaps unplugging the doors electrical connectors and plugging them back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2019 renegade latitude and the rear passenger windows are not working. I tried the window lock and still nothing. Anyone know what it could be? the front ones work no problem.
Hi there, I’ve had the same problem since new. They occasionally start working, this lasts for a while and then they stop. Recent recall updates haven’t fixed it. No-one can see a problem with diagnostics. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks, Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts