Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had a car with with windshield washer on the back, so i am not used to turn it on. But the other day I was trying to use it and no liquid is coming out. I had just refilled the tank with fluid so i thought it could be that it has a separated container. IDK what to do, i guess i should take it to the dealer. I hear the noise from the mechanism working tho, it just that liquid is not coming out

·
Registered
92 Posts
I never had a car with with windshield washer on the back, so i am not used to turn it on. But the other day I was trying to use it and no liquid is coming out. I had just refilled the tank with fluid so i thought it could be that it has a separated container. IDK what to do, i guess i should take it to the dealer. I hear the noise from the mechanism working tho, it just that liquid is not coming out
Same reservoir for front and back, so if the tubing is hooked up properly , motor is working and you have fluid then it should spray. Might check bottom of reservoir bottle to ensure tubing is not loose. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, I got it working already. A friend told me that it probably was air in the system since it was not used before and to keep trying and trying. So I filled out the reservoir again and started pressing back and forth to wash both windshields. After a little while it started working, I am so happy it started working!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I noticed that if I don't use my rear washer for a long time, I have to hold the wash button for quite a while before the liquid starts squirting. I figure that the liquid very slowly drains back into the reservoir if you don't use it regularly leaving the plastic tube empty for part of its run.

It sprays nearly right away when I use the washer a lot.

Reactions: FirstJeep23

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been having the same issue, but with my fronts, sometimes it works, sometimes it just spits out. Not a cold issue but it is willy nilly on when it works and doesn't work....smh....anyone else experiencing the front issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been having the same issue, but with my fronts, sometimes it works, sometimes it just spits out. Not a cold issue but it is willy nilly on when it works and doesn't work....smh....anyone else experiencing the front issue?
So it "spits" instead of providing a nice washer stream? Check to make sure your reservoir is full. Otherwise maybe there is something blocking the nozzle or one of the washer-lines has come disconnected or is damaged.

My fronts always work right away, but I do use them at least once a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear also acts up in cold/freezing weather. ❄🥶

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.