Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The last time (first time !) I cleaned my Rene I noted that the rear wiper arm does not hinge out to 90 degrees from the Window as the same item did on every other car I've owned.

This make cleaning the rear window more difficult than it needs to be.

As the car is due its 'bath' again I've just had a look to see if i'm missing something such as a hidden catch. Even taking the cover off the mount point to look. Nothing found.

Any tips ? Does anyone else have the same issue? Do I perhaps have a faulty wiper arm ?

Cheers,
Peter.....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yeah, mine is the same too. That was one thing I thought was a little disappointing when I first noticed it.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
Removing the cover did not help mine. It allows you to see why it will not lift 90º. There are parts of the plastic that prevent it. It probably wouldn't be difficult to cut off the interfering area, but it still may not stay up.
I like to get the wipers off the window if I know ice is predicted. In the past I've accidentally torn the rubber when scraping the window clear with the blades stuck to the glass.
I wonder why the designers made the decision to prevent lifting the rear blade.
Now that I look at the photo: not much thread engagement there, is there?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for you quick responses. At least I'm not alone with this issue.

Like the rsanges I took the cap off to when trying to lift the arm...no joy.

Just poor design I guess.

Peter.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.