Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around so when the time comes to replace the rear wiper blade I will know what it is. I've checked Anco, Trico, Bosch, and Michelin; none of these brands list a rear wiper blade replacement. I did see on Ebay someone was selling the whole rear wiper assembly including the blade. Is that how to replace the blade by replacing the whole assembly?

· Registered
201 Posts
Id like to know this too for when the time comes. It seems rear wiper blades are tricky. Even with my old Kia Sportage, i could ONLY find a replacement through the dealership. Every auto parts store or car oil/service place told the same thing, "nope, we don't carry those". I can imagine with a brand new model like the Renegade, rear wipers will even be more of a golden egg.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
I've been looking around so when the time comes to replace the rear wiper blade I will know what it is. I've checked Anco, Trico, Bosch, and Michelin; none of these brands list a rear wiper blade replacement. I did see on Ebay someone was selling the whole rear wiper assembly including the blade. Is that how to replace the blade by replacing the whole assembly?
In the UK, the Bosch H240 Wiper Blade is available.
It is probably the same part.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks syzygy. I just googled it and looked on Ebay real quick and all I saw were UK and German sites selling the H240 blade. When I have time I will look a little harder. Thanks again.

· Registered
1 Posts
I found the same size at Pep Boys but I'm having issues removing the old one. I took off the plastic cover to allow it to bend 90 degrees but couldn't get it to bend. Any suggestions?

· Registered
134 Posts
Here is a video showing exactly how to replace the "snap claw" type rear wiper. It looks like it is a 10", which of course is almost impossible to find outside of Mopar for around $30

https://www.rainx.com/installation-...des/?t=rear-snap-claw&1=1#instruction-content

I'm wondering if an 11" will fit. For $7 I'm going to order this and try for the hell of it. I don't need it yet, so I'll keep it in stock if it works.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANCO-AR-...0756&wl11=online&wl12=136013959&wl13=&veh=sem

· Registered
14 Posts
Well, time to replace the rear wiper blade on my 2015 Trail Hawk due to the blade splitting. Checked out the video, looked simple enough. Removing the old wiper assembly has become a major obstacle for me as the wiper bushing has become frozen onto the shaft. Bushing appears to be conical shaped internally producing a tight press fit when snugged down by the retaining nut. Removing the wiper after 2 years, without damaging the shaft or whatever is behind the windshield, is a challenging task. has any one experienced this problem? I am thinking of grinding away enough of the outer plastic base to get a small gear puller jaw under the wiper bushing. At least this method wont place any stress on the shaft directly. Comments are welcome. Thanks.

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
951 Posts
...Removing the old wiper assembly has become a major obstacle for me as the wiper bushing has become frozen onto the shaft. ...has any one experienced this problem? Comments are welcome. Thanks.
I know what you mean. I changed mine on my 2015 TH and I thought it wouldn't come off. It seemed as if it was not moving.

I held my gloved hand firmly under the arm and gently (but firmly - if that's possible) rapped on the end of the threaded shaft (with the nut loosely attached so as not to damage the threads). The persistent small vibrations seemed to loosen it up and suddenly it popped off.

More on my modification to the arm are here (post 10): http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/49-exterior/48586-rear-glass-wiper-blade-only.html#post721209

Also - after that, I purchased a different (but similar) wiper blade from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZRQ4BA/. That one is a bit too long, but you can pull the rubber part of the blade out and cut it with a scissors to the correct length. The metal stiffening rods can be swapped over from the old blade. There's no need to buy the whole arm and struggle to get it off.

· Registered
134 Posts
After a couple of failed models, I found the bosch h240/89006012101 to be the right one. It is a bit shorter, but fits the arm. Im guessing this arm and blade is custom made for the Rene. Unusual that there is no after market direct replacement that doesn't cost $50+. This will do at $10.50 shipped. Bought 2 just in case lol.

· Registered
134 Posts
After a couple of failed models, I found the bosch h240/89006012101 to be the right one. It is a bit shorter, but fits the arm. Im guessing this arm and blade is custom made for the Rene. Unusual that there is no after market direct replacement that doesn't cost $50+. This will do at $10.50 shipped. Bought 2 just in case lol.
UPDATED: I guess I missed something when doing my original searches, but Bosch does advertise the H240 as an aftermarket replacement for the Rene. Although their site does say it's 10inches long, when in reality it's 240mm, only 9.5inches long. Just thought its strange the exact size is not available unless you buy the Mopar complete set.

I've attached a pic of the back of the wiper box for reference.

Attachments

· Registered
164 Posts
I found something for about $18 on Ebay that was listed for Jeep Renegade. It was totally wrong, a metal wiper blade that was way too long. I removed the rubber blade from it, cut 7/8" off it and reused the old metal "ribs" from my old blade. Perfect fit. Next time, I'll just scout Autozone for small wiper refills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.