Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
@Fiat Power.

Could this, could that....

Be as enigmatic and elaborate as you wish. You are still back tracking to "They".

Who are THEY?

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Fiat Power.

Could this, could that....

Be as enigmatic and elaborate as you wish. You are still back tracking to "They".

Who are THEY?
Quite obviously FCA, or if you like employees of FCA. Are you having reading comprehension issues? There was no ambiguity in what I wrote - who else issued revised firmware to (hopefully) correct the oil consumption problem? Maybe it was the Russians?

·
Registered
87 Posts
An FCA representative (the equivalent to @JeepCares on this forum) posted the following, on the Allpar forum, explaining how the software update addresses the issue:

OfficialMopar said:
Hello, the oil consumption concerns are caused from vacuum being created in the cylinders during deceleration. Software changes the events, internal to engine, that lead to creation of vacuum.
If you need any help setting up an appointment, feel free to let us know.

Kaitlin
Mopar Cares
Jeep Cherokee Oil Consumption TSB/Recall

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Quite obviously FCA, or if you like employees of FCA.
Obviously it was obvious to you. It is not yet obvious to me who the FCA are. Care to elaborate or are you still keeping that information to yourself?

Don't be a smart-arse and presume everyone knows what you mean. That's why I asked for clarification on your point.

No offense was directed at you nor meant however that was your choice to obviously read it that way. Obviously it was, otherwise you would have simply replied as you later did with the answer above which was a little more graciously accepted.

I do not profess to understand a few of you guys that appear to have excellent technical knowledge so you need to tone it down a bit and make a few amendments in your replies so that members of the forum, like myself, can understand what you mean.

Afterall we are all here to learn and be sociable. Obviously.

I was once encouraged when lecturing not to use the word obviously as it is clearly only obvious to the person writing or saying obviously.

-----------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Obviously it was obvious to you. It is not yet obvious to me who the FCA are. Care to elaborate or are you still keeping that information to yourself?

Don't be a smart-arse and presume everyone knows what you mean. That's why I asked for clarification on your point.

No offense was directed at you nor meant however that was your choice to obviously read it that way. Obviously it was, otherwise you would have simply replied as you later did with the answer above which was a little more graciously accepted.

I do not profess to understand a few of you guys that appear to have excellent technical knowledge so you need to tone it down a bit and make a few amendments in your replies so that members of the forum, like myself, can understand what you mean.

Afterall we are all here to learn and be sociable. Obviously.

I was once encouraged when lecturing not to use the word obviously as it is clearly only obvious to the person writing or saying obviously.

-----------
FCA is the corporation that manufactured our vehicles.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
What does FCA stand for is all I am asking for?

I understand you are a gifted mechanic with a mental aptitude that is way beyond the level of myself. I still do not know what the acronym or initials FCA mean. I am not being obtuse nor negative, I simply asm asking what it means?

Once, many years ago I had the pleasure of taking someone fishing. 3 hours across Scotland I travelled with him from Edinburgh to our fishing spot and back and all he could tell me was the technical details of a "patented" idea he had submitted. I subjected myself to his most excellent and supreme knowledge of a topic I knew nothing about. #

Never was that guy asked again to join me on a boat trip. It was through my lack of intelligence that couldn't keep up with his annoying and boring habit of using initials and acronyms for everything.

Can I give you a wee example of my field:

I know Floyd will understand and laugh as he understands what my job was.

Control receives a call, A051, RTC, M8, Level 4 response, RV at M8 J16, Police req, amb req. 6 vehicle 4 persons trapped, snow and ice on the road, Chemical incident request talkthrough to HQBO,
HQBO, Ci2 ready confirm.

Forget the above as I too get carried away but I always try to give the members an understanding of what I was talking about.

In this instance it was a non believable story that pertained to the Emergency Services. I set it as an example of, I know what it means and a few others may guess. That is how your technical abilities come across.

FiatPower, you are too intelligent to get upset when a person asks for further details. Are you not?

·
Registered
73 Posts
What does FCA stand for is all I am asking for?

I understand you are a gifted mechanic with a mental aptitude that is way beyond the level of myself. I still do not know what the acronym or initials FCA mean. I am not being obtuse nor negative, I simply asm asking what it means?

Once, many years ago I had the pleasure of taking someone fishing. 3 hours across Scotland I travelled with him from Edinburgh to our fishing spot and back and all he could tell me was the technical details of a "patented" idea he had submitted. I subjected myself to his most excellent and supreme knowledge of a topic I knew nothing about. #

Never was that guy asked again to join me on a boat trip. It was through my lack of intelligence that couldn't keep up with his annoying and boring habit of using initials and acronyms for everything.

Can I give you a wee example of my field:

I know Floyd will understand and laugh as he understands what my job was.

Control receives a call, A051, RTC, M8, Level 4 response, RV at M8 J16, Police req, amb req. 6 vehicle 4 persons trapped, snow and ice on the road, Chemical incident request talkthrough to HQBO,
HQBO, Ci2 ready confirm.

Forget the above as I too get carried away but I always try to give the members an understanding of what I was talking about.

In this instance it was a non believable story that pertained to the Emergency Services. I set it as an example of, I know what it means and a few others may guess. That is how your technical abilities come across.

FiatPower, you are too intelligent to get upset when a person asks for further details. Are you not?
Again, they manufactured your Jeep! Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Official Global Website | FCA Group

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Why was that so hard to say for people to understand?

Keeping information to one self does not make the forum members appear silly when they question what you mean but it merely makes you appear that way.

A JEEP forum is simply that Jeep.

Not a Fiat built car, not Chrysler but merely Jeep.

However, not to drive (not metaphorically) people away may I ask that you engage a low gear and travel henceforth?

I offered you an apology/reason in a Pm. Do you want to share it or shall I?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts