Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Tech left the warranty paperwork in the veh, and it told them how to check after the test and if below add line replace Long Block and Components. That's an engine drop and replacement, warranty was conveyed to me since this is being done past my 100K powertrain warranty. A new powertrain warranty will be included if replaced! Simple but also if it was not a test under recall I would never qualify for it out of warranty work period. Thanks JustSynthetic

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So how did your follow-up go? would like an oil consumption test done but sure it will be done properly without the local dealer hearing from you. They blew me off once already when I asked for it. Can you help?
If you schedule an appointment, we can escalate a case for you. Send us a private message with your phone number, email address and the date/time of your appointment and we can move forward.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got the W20 pcm reprogram. Bought 2018 renegade with 5600 (dealer loaner car). Had it for 2000 miles and only used 1/2 qt. Reprogram seems to have made the engine peppier. Mpg has gone up a bit as well. Not having the oil consumption others have noted but hopefully this prevents any oil loss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am sceptical. Why if you have had a recall have you not simply called your Dealership to confirm:

• Is the message true
  • Made an appointment?
If that were me I would be grabbing the bull by the horn and trying to get this fixed ASAP instead of piddling around on forums trying to convince people of a letter.

Then I would be on this forum with full glory and bragging rights to tell you what I did, how I did it and what the wonderful results are. :p:D
I made an appointment and they knew what I was talking about.

·
Super Moderator
4,057 Posts
Yesterday had the recall done and the Jeep feels the same to me. I hope it dose not start leaking oil now.

Reactions: FiatPower

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
@Suz. I have the diesel 2.0L 4x4 and never knew much about the recall at the beginning though I had searched on line and within the forum but to no avail as the diesel version was excluded. It appears there are no issues with this type of Jeep hence no reason for a recall.

I take on board that you have quoted a diesel owner and am glad you have it all sorted.(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this legit? I just got a letter saying theres a recall on my 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk about a problem about oil consumption. The letter says they need to:
Reprogram powertrain module

Anyone else got that letter? Im gonna call my closest dealer after the holydays probably..

Vincent
It’s legit I just had my Jeep parts replaced today

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
What are they replacing? I read its supposed to reprogram something, not replace

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
W84 recall is a PCM and TCM software flash only.
I am forever telling members to stop using abbreviations and acronyms.

Jeepcares, I know you care but instead of Google being my friend and answering my questions ( and others that won't search) would it be too much of an inconvenience to inform the members that are not educated but want to learn what the initials mean? ie W84, PCM, TCM.

All of the members should take note that if using any abbreviations then at least provide a single explanation of it's meaning and then carry on with that same abbreviation.

Please don't make me recall a time when a message was passed to the Fire Control room which only consisted of abrreviations. You guys did not like it in a previous post and won't like it again.

Why is it too much of a hardship to clearly state for all members what your abbreviation means? Laziness or superiority of intelligence springs to mind to make us all feel like dummies.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
I have a Renegade but I have a different model to some others. Hence I asked a civil and polite question.

Why do you have an issue with that? :unsure::whistle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Renegade but I have a different model to some others. Hence I asked a civil and polite question.

Why do you have an issue with that? :unsure::whistle:
I have no issue with that. Anyone that has read through this whole thread and would have done any bit of research into this issue would have known that this customer satisfaction campaign effects certain years and engine codes of the 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir II engine. It doesn't matter the make or model, it could be a Renegade, a Compass, a Cherokee, Dodge Dart, Fiat, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Yet you will not commit to offering which model you have. Such a simple question that I asked. However as you have stated:

this customer satisfaction campaign
Have fun with your campaign while we all have fun with our Renegades :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Consumers beware of dishonest dealerships when taking your jeep's in for this test! I took my 2015 Renegade in for this consumption test at Robert Loehr Chrysler Dodge Jeep ect. for the first time they had me bring it in at 2300 miles and it was 2qt. low on oil. So they decided they made a mistake with the mileage and wanted to do it again at 1500. Now mind you this test is supposed to be a half way between oil change test. The owners manual states oil change every 5000 miles so the test was done correctly the first time. So I take it back in today for the same test and I make sure to check it before I get there and again it's 2qt. low so I know there's a problem with it. At the dealership stated above the tech takes it to the bake does his "CHECK" and brings it back. I ask the service writer how was it because I know it was again 2qt low bringing it back in. He tells me it was within normal range! WTF!!! You mean to tell me that it being 2qt low is normal at 1500 miles??? There's no way that's normal. So he decides to read the recall in front of me and it plainly states at the add mark or a little below is normal not 2qt low. So we walk out to the car and he checks the oil in front of me and say's see just a 1qt low..... WTF????? I told him that his lying tech put oil in it because that oil was no longer black now it's clean and that his service department was bunch of unethical lying cheat's!!! So I apparently have the 8th wonder of the world with a car that can make it's own oil. Not only that they keep changing how they're doing the test from 2300miles to now 1500. Now this has turned into a he said he said situation so I told him he was going to do it again because someone in this room is lying and I know I'm not and that I will be there when the tech checks it with video in hand because video doesn't lie people do!!! He reluctantly agreed and now we'll see what happens!
If anyone else has taken they're car in for this test and was told that nothing was wrong and you know that your car has been having this issue. You better do it again and watch them do the test because obviously not all dealership service department's are honest and one's like this one is reflecting on all of them!!! I'm not saying that they're being told to do this buy Chrysler/Fiat to get out of replacing the engines because it sure looks like it! But if they are they're will be a class action lawsuit in the future for this dishonesty. So if anyone from the corporation accidentally reads this you should do yourself a favor and make a phone call to this dealership before this becomes headline news because it's headed there fast!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Consumers beware of dishonest dealerships when taking your jeep's in for this test! I took my 2015 Renegade in for this consumption test ...
I don't question your story I just don't understand why any dealership would do this. For a recall like this they get reimbursed for all the parts and labor from the manufacturer so they actually make some money on doing it. The only reason I could think of is that FCA pays a lower rate then the normal shop rate so they figure they can make more $$$ doing oil changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't question your story I just don't understand why any dealership would do this. For a recall like this they get reimbursed for all the parts and labor from the manufacturer so they actually make some money on doing it. The only reason I could think of is that FCA pays a lower rate then the normal shop rate so they figure they can make more $$$ doing oil changes.
I told the service writer the same thing and I honestly don't understand why they would do it but they did. I've been doing business at this dealership for years and until this happened I never had any issues there. Hopefully when I go back for the recheck they're honesty will return with me standing there watching. But like you said if that's the reason it's sad and bad for consumers.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts