Jeep Renegade Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts
I told the service writer the same thing and I honestly don't understand why they would do it but they did. I've been doing business at this dealership for years and until this happened I never had any issues there. Hopefully when I go back for the recheck they're honesty will return with me standing there watching. But like you said if that's the reason it's sad and bad for consumers.
I am going in today for my recheck after 1650 miles. The repair sheet they gave me stated I had to bring it back between 1500-1700 miles. It's down 1-1/4 qt. Will see what they say. I took pics of the dipstick and the odo as backup in case I need it.

Put a fine scratch across the top level of the oil. Make it faint and that way YOU!!! know exactly what the level was.

Now let the Dealership carry out their checks etc.

Should the results vary dramatically you can now provide evidence to the the Dealership with a picture and a mark of the original dipstick before you left the house and visited them. ;):D

Consumers beware of dishonest dealerships when taking your jeep's in for this test! I took my 2015 Renegade in for this consumption test at Robert Loehr Chrysler Dodge Jeep ect. for the first time they had me bring it in at 2300 miles and it was 2qt. low on oil. So they decided they made a mistake with the mileage and wanted to do it again at 1500. Now mind you this test is supposed to be a half way between oil change test. The owners manual states oil change every 5000 miles so the test was done correctly the first time. So I take it back in today for the same test and I make sure to check it before I get there and again it's 2qt. low so I know there's a problem with it. At the dealership stated above the tech takes it to the bake does his "CHECK" and brings it back. I ask the service writer how was it because I know it was again 2qt low bringing it back in. He tells me it was within normal range! WTF!!! You mean to tell me that it being 2qt low is normal at 1500 miles??? There's no way that's normal. So he decides to read the recall in front of me and it plainly states at the add mark or a little below is normal not 2qt low. So we walk out to the car and he checks the oil in front of me and say's see just a 1qt low..... WTF????? I told him that his lying tech put oil in it because that oil was no longer black now it's clean and that his service department was bunch of unethical lying cheat's!!! So I apparently have the 8th wonder of the world with a car that can make it's own oil. Not only that they keep changing how they're doing the test from 2300miles to now 1500. Now this has turned into a he said he said situation so I told him he was going to do it again because someone in this room is lying and I know I'm not and that I will be there when the tech checks it with video in hand because video doesn't lie people do!!! He reluctantly agreed and now we'll see what happens!
If anyone else has taken they're car in for this test and was told that nothing was wrong and you know that your car has been having this issue. You better do it again and watch them do the test because obviously not all dealership service department's are honest and one's like this one is reflecting on all of them!!! I'm not saying that they're being told to do this buy Chrysler/Fiat to get out of replacing the engines because it sure looks like it! But if they are they're will be a class action lawsuit in the future for this dishonesty. So if anyone from the corporation accidentally reads this you should do yourself a favor and make a phone call to this dealership before this becomes headline news because it's headed there fast!!!!
Hi Wanta68cuda,
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.
Rob
Jeep Cares

So happy to hear that you were taking care of by a good dealership and all is not lost. Hopefully you will be back in your Jeep enjoying it soon!
I've been reading some of the horror stories some have got to go through to get this resolved. Anything from needing 3 test run to being told that consuming a quart even 1000 miles is normal. I have read the W80 recall sheet and it clearly states that the oil should be topped off and the car returned for inspection after 1500-1700 miles. If the oil level is below the fill mark it is out of spec the engine should be replaced.

My dealer never gave me any grief after the first test. Just came to me, told me it failed, the engine needs to be replaced and when do I want to do it. Told him let's do it now. So they ordered me a rental car and I was out of the showroom 30 minutes after I pulled in the staging area. My dealer is Cape Coral CDJR in Florida. Nothing but praise for them Cape Coral Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram | New and Used Car Dealership in Florida

Hey, for anyone who has been having issues with their dealer with this, I just got an automated text from my dealer. It looks like the recall was recently updated as when it was first mentioned it was not in my jeep portal. Now it is.

The original W84 recall on NHTSA said this
[ 2017 Model Year (UF) Chrysler 200, 2014 (KL) Jeep Cherokee, 2017 (KL) Jeep Cherokee ,2017 (MP) Jeep Compass, 2017 (BU) Jeep Renegade]

Now the w84 recall in the portal says this.
[ 2015 - 2017 Model Year (UF) Chrysler 200, 2014 - 2017 (KL) Jeep Cherokee ,2017 (MP) Jeep Compass, 2015 - 2017 (BU) Jeep Renegade]

I don't know why some dealers are giving people a hard time about diagnostics since it states
"Dealers should perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair. " So it's not like mopar considers it optional.

Hey, for anyone who has been having issues with their dealer with this, I just got an automated text from my dealer. It looks like the recall was recently updated as when it was first mentioned it was not in my jeep portal. Now it is.

The original W84 recall on NHTSA said this
[ 2017 Model Year (UF) Chrysler 200, 2014 (KL) Jeep Cherokee, 2017 (KL) Jeep Cherokee ,2017 (MP) Jeep Compass, 2017 (BU) Jeep Renegade]

Now the w84 recall in the portal says this.
[ 2015 - 2017 Model Year (UF) Chrysler 200, 2014 - 2017 (KL) Jeep Cherokee ,2017 (MP) Jeep Compass, 2015 - 2017 (BU) Jeep Renegade]

I don't know why some dealers are giving people a hard time about diagnostics since it states
"Dealers should perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair. " So it's not like mopar considers it optional.
It makes no sense to me why they’re doing this either. Maybe they just don’t want to do it or someone gets kickbacks for getting away with not doing it. Somebody really needs to look at this from a legal standpoint

Somebody really needs to look at this from a legal standpoint
There is a link somewhere on the forum that asks you to add your name to a complaint or something like that in order to petition Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep. Excuse me if I am wrong on the name as my oil is ok and I didn't pay much attention to it when perhaps I should have and stayed informed.

There is a link somewhere on the forum that asks you to add your name to a complaint or something like that in order to petition Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep. Excuse me if I am wrong on the name as my oil is ok and I didn't pay much attention to it when perhaps I should have and stayed informed.
There are class action lawsuits pending over a couple issues. One for the oil consumption and one for FCA using software to beat emissions testing with the EPA.

I got he recall notice a few weeks ago and took my 2017 TH in, even though it wasn't using oil. I figure it's better to have all the recalls and TSBs taken care of.

Well I went in today for my 3rd oil check test. I guess 3rd times a charm 😂. I had everyone and his brother in that bay for this check. Apparently according to service manager some customer made a huge sense a few weeks ago about this issue 😂. And the new policy is that the customer, service manager and service tech all have to be with the car for the check to be valid😂🤣😂🤷🏻‍♂️. Anyway long story short my new engine has been ordered and will be installed as soon as it arrives! The moral of the story here folks stand your ground and check everything before and after you go in for service or recalls!

Is this legit? I just got a letter saying theres a recall on my 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk about a problem about oil consumption. The letter says they need to:
Reprogram powertrain module

Anyone else got that letter? Im gonna call my closest dealer after the holydays probably..

Vincent
I own a 2017 2.4 Renegade. Oil consumption was bad. My dealership replaced the engine at 30,000 miles. and said # 2
cylinder wall was scared permitting blow by. I bought this Renegade with 20,000 miles. I don't know if a software upgrade
would have solved this problem????

So I just did this as well. Took the dealer, in Carrollton, GA. Did the 1500 mile test and it lost a quarter, see picture for the level. Dealer said it was fine and for them to do anything there shouldn't be any oil on the dip stick which seems like total BS now. We took a picture before we went in cause I don't trust dealers. Should I find another dealer?
What's my next steps, as this is not right, try a different dealer?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.