Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Same for me recall R74..software updates for various control modules. Mines the 2.0 170bhp Diesel build date Feb 16. Dealer needs to check but might have done them when it was in for body trim replacement a couple of weeks ago. I'm not clear exactly what software updates are included. I'm booked in for Thursday anyway to get them troubleshoot a parking brake issue. When I had the Grand Cherokee, there was a guy from the factory that ran a Jeep WK2 website and he posted all the TSBs and recalls as they were issued including build dates they applied to...sometimes before the UK dealerships were aware of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same for me recall R74..software updates for various control modules. Mines the 2.0 170bhp Diesel build date Feb 16. Dealer needs to check but might have done them when it was in for body trim replacement a couple of weeks ago. I'm not clear exactly what software updates are included. I'm booked in for Thursday anyway to get them troubleshoot a parking brake issue. When I had the Grand Cherokee, there was a guy from the factory that ran a Jeep WK2 website and he posted all the TSBs and recalls as they were issued including build dates they applied to...sometimes before the UK dealerships were aware of them.
We've had the recall as well 1.4 multi air, what's your parking brake issue?, we had one where it wouldn't release, spend 15 mins trying different things and all by itself it released, this happened twice so we took it back, they did a software update then and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
261 Posts
we had one where it wouldn't release, spend 15 mins trying different things and all by itself it released, this happened twice so we took it back, they did a software update then and it hasn't happened since.
Exactly as you describe...I've posted on it under problems section. Was stuck in a car park for 20minutes 'service parking brake' notice. Parking brake switch not operative and light not on despite brakes locked on. Eventually after switching the engine on and off then switching of and waiting 5 minutes (while on line to Jeep Assist who didn't answer) , I turned engine back on and everything was OK. Did they find an error code with yours?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, the first time we were trying to call jeep assist and it just switched off by itself, as the car was a few days old we presumed we'd done something wrong, the next time was a few months later and tried everything, pressing the button, seat belt on in gear and press the throttle we even tried to turn it off, got out and locking it and then trying again, took 15 mins, or so to sort.

But no faulkt codes or lights etc on the dash, and the dealer had no faults.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine was in this Thursday for update but didn't know what was updated. I've had no issues up to date. Was also in for a R75 recall for union bolt on oil supply to turbo. 16 multi air diesel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not had a letter yet - does the software update have to be done at a dealer, or can you download it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mines booked in for next week but spoke to dealer and he said they are doing this update on someone for the 1st time today so even he is interested to see how long and what it involves.
Glad I am not the guinea pig.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just had my notification (R74 module software updates) via email today.
There is also a notification in the 'my cars' section when logging into the Jeep Owners Group.

No details what this fixes though.

Peter.....

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.