Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Jeep with the dealer on Sep 26th, they placed the order with the factory on Oct 5th, and as of this morning:

...the current status as of October 16th is the
following:

Gateline Schedule Order Ready To Proceed On The Line ? All of the
materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been
received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

That status is three weeks old. Does that mean they haven't built it, or they haven't updated the status? I would think their allocated orders should take precedence over non-allocated orders.

· Registered
58 Posts
I ordered my Jeep with the dealer on Sep 26th, they placed the order with the factory on Oct 5th, and as of this morning:

...the current status as of October 16th is the
following:

Gateline Schedule Order Ready To Proceed On The Line ? All of the
materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been
received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

That status is three weeks old. Does that mean they haven't built it, or they haven't updated the status? I would think their allocated orders should take precedence over non-allocated orders.
So what was your model, any special features?

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what was your model, any special features?
2016 Latitude with the 1.4T/6-spd in Jet Set Blue with the cold weather package. Otherwise nothing added.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have not built it yet. I want to say I sat in that status for about 4 weeks or so.

Mine was build approx 7-8 weeks after my order date.

I ordered 9/5 went into JB status on 10/28 so about 7.5 weeks.
I wonder if the wait time has gotten longer. The dealer told me 6 months when I ordered it. The update I received said delivery is a minimum of 4 months.

I'm still cautiously hoping for late January.

· Registered
246 Posts
2016 Latitude with the 1.4T/6-spd in Jet Set Blue with the cold weather package. Otherwise nothing added.
I ordered the exact same thing but with the powered My Sky and full size spare tire.

Order went through on Sept 1 and got my VIN on Oct 6 (5 wks later) which I tracked on that day and was told it was in JB status and awaiting equipment installation with ETD on Dec 20-26. this last Tues, Nov 3 (4 weeks later - 9wks total since order date), it is still in same status with same ETD of Dec 20-26.

After you order, they take about a month (or 2 or more depending on supply) to collect all the parts and make sure they have everything prior to starting the build. Once they get the parts, they start building - hence the delay from order date and VIN.

· Registered
607 Posts
I ordered the exact same thing but with the powered My Sky and full size spare tire.

Order went through on Sept 1 and got my VIN on Oct 6 (5 wks later) which I tracked on that day and was told it was in JB status and awaiting equipment installation with ETD on Dec 20-26. this last Tues, Nov 3 (4 weeks later - 9wks total since order date), it is still in same status with same ETD of Dec 20-26.

After you order, they take about a month (or 2 or more depending on supply) to collect all the parts and make sure they have everything prior to starting the build. Once they get the parts, they start building - hence the delay from order date and VIN.
Using your formula, mine will be arriving around Feb 2-6, LOL! I have a VON# but my VIN wont be ready for maybe 2 weeks. I ordered Oct 12. I think I have ordered the same options as you but I ordered 4x4 in addition as well as orange paint.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, I should have said Latitude 4x4. I forget FWD is even an option.

I don't understand the whole "make sure we've got the materials" thing. It's the same vehicle they're building already every day. How could they not have the materials for it?

· Registered
246 Posts
Using your formula, mine will be arriving around Feb 2-6, LOL! I have a VON# but my VIN wont be ready for maybe 2 weeks. I ordered Oct 12. I think I have ordered the same options as you but I ordered 4x4 in addition as well as orange paint.
Oh yeah, I should have said Latitude 4x4. I forget FWD is even an option.
Yeah, mine is a Lat 4x4 as well. :)

I don't understand the whole "make sure we've got the materials" thing. It's the same vehicle they're building already every day. How could they not have the materials for it?
That is what I was told by Jeep when I attempted tracking with just my VON... "We are gathering the materials for your order and it will be some time before we can start assembling. ...Orders take 4 months. Please contact us again next month and we may have further information for you."

As I understand it... and I may be wrong so if anyone knows better, please chime in... when you order, they don't just decide any unit on the line (even in very early stages) is yours and then finish building it to your specifications. Whatever is on the line or being planned to be built for that day, week, or specific run is for a specific location - or other specific customers since you're not the only one special ordering.
:)

Also, they order X number of UConnect systems from the factory that makes them; X number of seats from the other factory that makes those; X number of Bumpers from that factory.... They have to confirm that they have enough of ALL the parts on hand to start building yours - if not, they may have to order more of something and allow time for it to get to the assembly plant. Or maybe there is a delay at the factory that produces the quarter-panels or airbags, or dashboards (or whatever).... they aren't going to start building a unit and set it aside until they get the rest of the parts. They also are not going to rob parts from another order (even if it's a dealer stock order) just to satisfy another order.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received another reply from Jeep Cares.

According to our resources, the build of your 2016 Jeep Renegade
Latitude 4x4 was just completed and is pending shipment to the U.S. Port
Of Entry. Please keep in mind that the order to delivery timing for your
2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude is a minimum of 4 months and we are unable
to predict when your vehicle will arrive at the U.S. Port of Entry.

I wasn't given a VIN or anything, though I imagine it has been assigned. At least now I know it is built and sort of on the way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.