Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
that is the on-going debate I have with my Cherokee Trailhawk- to paint or not to paint the tow hooks, my TH is black and with the Red Trail Rated badge Trailhawk logo and interior stitching, the red tow hooks work nicely...I've considered black or dark gray (to match the lower body trim)...I've seen them painted blue on a blue TH. there also photos of a special edition Jeep did with a brownish paint and orange tow hooks, the hood decal is a topographical map on it as well...I may just plasti-dip them and then peel it off if I don't like it...

·
Registered
465 Posts
in all seriousness i like the red. on any color.. i think i will just leave it. if you dont like it paint it.. but if you actually use the tow hook i dont see the color lasting that long anyways.

·
Registered
370 Posts
We are going to make tow hooks for the Renagade that does not have them and can be any color.
I can't help but wonder if you can put a second tow hook in the rear bumper. I wonder what's behind that space on the right side of the rear bumper. Also have been wondering if 4 tow hooks could be added front and rear bumpers of non-Trailhawk models.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We are going to make tow hooks for the Renagade that does not have them and can be any color.
I'm curious about this as well. What is involved in adding tow hooks to a Sport or Latitude model? Do the front and rear bumpers just have some pop out caps that you take out and then you can just screw them in, or do you have to start cutting and drilling things?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. What is involved in adding tow hooks to a Sport or Latitude model? Do the front and rear bumpers just have some pop out caps that you take out and then you can just screw them in, or do you have to start cutting and drilling things?
This is a detail-picture of my Limited.

Behind this bumper on the drivers side is the Radar located, no hook possible to mount.
Here you can see, that there is some plastic to be removed at the Position of the hook. But the hook has to be longer than the original of the trail hawk Version, because the bumpers shape is different.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
They will be red in color. here is a pic of the rock guards (splash guards) we have now. We can make any type of combination of tow hooks you want. the one shown screws into the stock opening, but we will make the heavy use ones that bolts to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't help but wonder if you can put a second tow hook in the rear bumper. I wonder what's behind that space on the right side of the rear bumper. Also have been wondering if 4 tow hooks could be added front and rear bumpers of non-Trailhawk models.
The right rear spot is a cap, underneath which is the socket for the screw in tow hook. Probably could mod it fairly easily since it's already strengthened there for towing the vehicle onto a flatbed truck.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
The right rear spot is a cap, underneath which is the socket for the screw in tow hook. Probably could mod it fairly easily since it's already strengthened there for towing the vehicle onto a flatbed truck.
Yes we make hooks and receivers for the Z/28 Camaro for track use, we can make heavy duty front and rear hooks and receivers for the Renegade.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
This is a detail-picture of my Limited.

Behind this bumper on the drivers side is the Radar located, no hook possible to mount.
Here you can see, that there is some plastic to be removed at the Position of the hook. But the hook has to be longer than the original of the trail hawk Version, because the bumpers shape is different.
I checked and we can add tow hook front receivers under the two phony vents that are removable rear can be done also

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.