Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i had recently read about the remote engine start function, so i tried to do it with pushing @x2 button on the key. after countless try i decided that im doing smt wrong :)
is there any settings for remote start function apart from pushing the button twice?
btw it unlocks the door and that's it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi guys
i had recently read about the remote engine start function, so i tried to do it with pushing @x2 button on the key. after countless try i decided that im doing smt wrong :)
is there any settings for remote start function apart from pushing the button twice?
btw it unlocks the door and that's it.
if you are in range, press the x2 button twice within 5 seconds, the car should beep twice, then start. there are no settings in the jeep to change, so if it doesnt work, bring it back to the dealer so they can link it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My remote start story.
We had an ice/light snow storm in Dec so I decided to use the remote start. Worked great and I loaded up some packages I had. I got in and tried to turn on the windshield wipers.. didn't work. I figured the rubber froze to the glass so I got out and broke them loose. Got back in... no wipers. I decide to do without and tried to put it in gear...didn't work. I then noticed the idiot message on the dash that said to push the start button again. Did that and everything worked fine. I guess I should read the user manual again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My remote start story.
We had an ice/light snow storm in Dec so I decided to use the remote start. Worked great and I loaded up some packages I had. I got in and tried to turn on the windshield wipers.. didn't work. I figured the rubber froze to the glass so I got out and broke them loose. Got back in... no wipers. I decide to do without and tried to put it in gear...didn't work. I then noticed the idiot message on the dash that said to push the start button again. Did that and everything worked fine. I guess I should read the user manual again.
I did exactly the same thing!!
Punched the button on the shift, just as shot in the dark then thought something was terribly wrong when the dials on the dash went berserk, kinda like the clocks on the Peewee Herman show.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Something I noticed that might help someone. I thought someone said when they do remote start the car beeps once and does nothing. Mine has always worked but today I tried to do remote start with the hood open. Guess what ? It beeped once and did nothing. So if something is not closed or closed all the way or you have a bad switch for the door or hood or lift gate it wont remote start. Hope this helps someone !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any way of telling if my 2017 Renegade Latitude has remote start installed? I have the button on my key fob for it but it doesn't do anything. I have done alot of research on it but can find a way to tell if it's installed or not. I just figured if you have the button you must have it. I have replaced my key fob battery and the battery in the Renegade itself. Push the button on the fob twice within 5 seconds and nothing happens.. ?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Is there any way of telling if my 2017 Renegade Latitude has remote start installed? I have the button on my key fob for it but it doesn't do anything. I have done alot of research on it but can find a way to tell if it's installed or not. I just figured if you have the button you must have it. I have replaced my key fob battery and the battery in the Renegade itself. Push the button on the fob twice within 5 seconds and nothing happens.. ?
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

In most cases, if you have the option on the FOB (remote), you should have the option to remote start available.

If you have anything open (hood, Hatch or any door) it won't work.
If you have an engine light, it wont work.

If those are good, you will have to go to the dealer (with ALL of your FOBs) to get them reprogrammed to the BCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts