Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to spoil the topic but you are all ruining my Jeep experience :cry:

I'm in the UK and rarely worry about bad weather. But today I had to scrape the windows by hand and run the rear window heater combined with the air conditioning to defrost the car. It took al of 3 minutes to have a totally ice free car.

The car then started 1st time and off I went.

Yeah I wish my Renegade, Longitude 4x4 2.0L had all your modern accessories but it doesn't.

Now ask yourself if you really need them. Heated seats and steering wheels, remote starts? :eek::unsure:
Who needs remote starts and heated seats? Us poor chumps in Canada! lol Zoom in on the outside temp in the picture below.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LOVE THEM...
Two feet of snow on the ol Renegade, Remote start with the defrosters preset, heat on high. Let it run for 5 minutes before even going out into the weather; the snow slides nicely off of the warm Renegade. the leather seats and steering wheel are warm. It make for a good start to a freezing morning.

... Just saying.
I am so jealous :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with their remote start being disabled when you open the door to get in? I recently had my 2015 Rene latitude serviced because the power locks stopped working, got it back but now this is one of several issues that have popped up since it was serviced. I'm thinking it's a software issue but maybe someone else has advice?

So, I start my car via remote start to warm it up since it's freezing in upstate NY (definitely under the 15min limit for auto disable) and when I put my hand on the driver door to open the car shuts off. Very annoying since this hasn't happened before servicing. It just says remote start disabled and then I have to manually restart my car. I can't find any fix for this in my uconnect 5.

It's also screwed up my seat heater and steering wheel heater. Sometimes they come back on and sometimes they don't even when I press their respective buttons. I've had to restart my car 3-4 times before the heater buttons will illuminate again and sometimes the seat heater comes on independently without the button being on at all. Sometimes when my steering wheel heater illuminates it still doesn't heat at all or once it got so hot i couldn't put my hands on it since it felt like it was burning my hands and there was no way for me to shut it off.

Yes, I am taking it back in for service but was treated poorly last time so I'd like to see if there are fixes so I'm educated when I go in ��

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get your issues resolved? Mine doing the same and have been told they don't know soloution

21 - 25 of 25 Posts