Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, in my 2017 Jeep Renegade Sport, I have replaced the stock head unit with a Kenwood touchscreen. However this now means that my front USB and Aux sockets no longer work.
I want to remove this panel so that I can rewire them to ports on the head unit, but I can’t figure out how to remove the panel.

I can’t feel any obvious clips behind it but I didn’t just want to go straight in with a spudger to pry it out in case it marked the panel?

Thanks I’m advance!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've got a Service manual for 2020 Renegades. Unfortunately copy-protected, so I have to take literal screen shots with a camera.

Here's what it shows for removal of that bezel:

Note that it says you need to remove the entire floor console first, which is obviously a really involved process. Not sure this panel is accessible without removing the console...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a Service manual for 2020 Renegades. Unfortunately copy-protected, so I have to take literal screen shots with a camera.

Here's what it shows for removal of that bezel:

View attachment 2396351260

Note that it says you need to remove the entire floor console first, which is obviously a really involved process. Not sure this panel is accessible without removing the console...
Thanks for the quick reply - I was hoping to avoid this, but if that’s what it takes.
I can access 3 of the 4 clips to remove the bezel around the sockets from the panel but there is one side that I just can’t reach. I might try a plastic spudger down that side a dsee if I can pop it out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can access 3 of the 4 clips to remove the bezel around the sockets from the panel but there is one side that I just can’t reach. I might try a plastic spudger down that side a dsee if I can pop it out.
It's odd that for almost every other panel and bezel I see, they just say to use a panel tool to pry it off. Only other exception is the HVAC panel right above there; it says the tolerance is so close that they recommend using a flat metal feeler gauge to lift the panel up first.

It might be that the wiring is so taut behind there, that the outlets can't be pulled out far enough from the front to disconnect the wires...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts