Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to remove the Hood decal? I think I'd go for a Trailhawk, but the decal is not my cup of tea. Will the dealer do it?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I don't like the hood decal either and peeled mine off. In fact, I don't like any type of decals or stripes on my cars.

It wasn't that hard to peel it off, but it took some effort. I parked the car in the sun for a few hours and I think that helped a little. I didn't need to get out the heat gun (which can damage paint if you go crazy with it). I just picked at a corner with my fingernail to get it started and peeled it off.

At first I thought I would have to remove the window washer nozzles, but the decal stretched around the nozzles and came right off. Note that there will be no "saving" the decal once you start to peel it off. It will stretch and possibly rip (mine ripped).

There wasn't any noticeable glue residue on the hood. I waxed the hood anyway to be sure nothing remained.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check with the dealer...I think it is an add on for the TH so maybe you can order it without one?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Check with the dealer...I think it is an add on for the TH so maybe you can order it without one?
This has nothing to do with the topic, but guess what came on the radio as I was driving my TH to get it washed?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
This has nothing to do with the topic, but guess what came on the radio as I was driving my TH to get it washed?

Hahaha.....that is awesome. Thank you for posting! Can't wait to play it in my own....have a few months to wait still but it will be worth it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
How easy is it to remove the Hood decal? I think I'd go for a Trailhawk, but the decal is not my cup of tea. Will the dealer do it?

I would note though that if you're planning on doing any off-roading that it does serve a purpose (anti-glare) and isn't strictly decoration, so you might want to consider keeping it in that case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.