Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not sure where you were going with "Life Span", as these are not "End of Life" issues.

The My Sky issues are well documented on here. It's a cheap and poorly designed system. Frequent cleaning and lubrication (which isn't noted anywhere in your owners manual) is required to ensure it stays operational. The cost you were quoted to replace the entire thing is not far from what I've seen other quoted (some up to $7k).

The motor mounts are also notorious for wearing out. But the price you were quoted is quite high. I would shop around for this. You will likely get a better deal at a non-dealership shop. Maybe ask on social media who is a reliable/affordable shop to work with in your area. I would expect if they supply parts and labor this job would run around $700-800. Or as Raz-0 stated, you can get the parts and DIY or with the help of a mechanically inclined friend.

All this aside, when you're now 6 years into the life of your vehicle you can expect that wear and tear items will be starting to go bad. It's the trade off for no longer having a car payment and a warranty. Sometimes you get lucky and the vehicle made be made with quality parts and engineering. Most the time you will be paying to upkeep the parts that have been wearing down for the past 6 years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts