Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have to fast forward this video to 12:26 to see the Renegade, but I think this reviewer guy hits the nail on the head when he says "where else in the US are you going to find a 4x4 turbocharged vehicle with a manual transmission? nowhere! And this vehicle has that!" Which is what made this vehicle stand out to me and attracted me to it in the first place.

This review is about the Sport in 4x4, 1.4L (manual trans.) - which is refreshing since every review video online seems to be about the trailhawk version. I enjoyed it! Check it out (remember fast forward to 12:26 to start watching the Renegade)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPn8MGLtwGY

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very cool video! Thanks for posting! I wish they were able to film some of the more challenging segments as mentioned in the video. Most of the video is just the reviewer zipping around and having a lot of fun gushing about how much he likes the Renegade.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Very cool video! Thanks for posting! I wish they were able to film some of the more challenging segments as mentioned in the video. Most of the video is just the reviewer zipping around and having a lot of fun gushing about how much he likes the Renegade.
Did he fit in the boot ( trunk ) though?;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He did seem to gush about it - even though he said he's not trying to kiss to much butt - and they did film him whipping it around on a dirt path which most reviews I have seen is either on the trailhawk crossing rocks and streams and snow banks or on a latitude/sport that is just sitting there or driving on the street. So I appreciated him driving it through some mud and whipping around in the dirt with a stock 4x4 Sport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't really like how he's talking about the controls and then they cut to video of the Trailhawk 4x4 controls. Other than that it's a near video. I couldn't agree more, happy to have an easily tunable turbo, a fun manual, and decent offroad capability all in one. And I agree that it would have been better to see him going something other than driving on smooth dirt paths.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very satisfied owner here, with 31,000 miles:)

Reactions: mak1965

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 1.4L 6-sp manual Latitude 4x4 coming on 29k miles. I added mud flaps, side door moldings from Sportswing, a GoPedal from Madness Auto Works, swapped all the interior bulbs except visors with a Xenon White LED bulb kit, swapped the Daytime Running Light bulbs to brighter Race Sport Lighting 1157 5050 LED 18-chip White bulbs, upgraded the front headlamps to Diode Dynamics H13 BiXenon HID White bulbs, and installed a SILA Concepts Thermal Blanket [Titanium] which really helps keep the engine cooler from the heat from the turbocharger. The ContinentalSport tires that came with it where dead from the craptastic Southern New England roadways by 20k miles and upgraded to Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15 which are way better for dry, rain and snow traction are smoother handling, have way less road noise, and showing no signs of wear.

I can say the only issues I have had were with the UConnect which couldn't be software updated so was replaced, and then still had same issues with it not reading files or remembering anything. I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC-5201NEX with SXM Tuner SXV300 and Maestro iDataLink for less money than the UConnect as an Option was. With the UConnect I had issues with the OEM settings with the tire pressure changing units, the doors changing settings or having the whole control settings revert to stock settings. Since switching to the Pioneer AVIC only have issues with it remembering the door unlock settings. Otherwise no mechanical or other issues. Madness Auto Works has a piggy-back ECU unit that will give much better performance to the engine power which is slated for installation in the near future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
is the thermal blanket worth the $180 cost? my renny's a lease, and really need convincing to drop that much into a leased vehicle

Reactions: mak1965

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,058 Posts
is the thermal blanket worth the $180 cost? my renny's a lease, and really need convincing to drop that much into a leased vehicle
They do make quite a difference in under hood temps and thereby can extend the life of the other components found in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.