Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a 4X4 2.4L 9 speed Latitude and liked it.

It appears that there’s a dearth of accessories for the Renegade. I asked the Jeep salesman for a list/brochure of Renegade accessories. He replied they didn’t have one. Is this correct? Or is it because the Renegade has so recently debuted in the U.S. that there are no accessories offered yet but will at some future date?

Please don’t confuse accessories with options. An option has to be installed by the factory because of the higher degree of complexity needed to install it. Examples of options include the 2.4L engine and a sun roof. An accessory is something that can easily be installed by either you the owner or the dealership. Examples of accessories include side moldings, cargo nets, engine block heaters, roof rack side bars, etc.

In particular, I was surprised to notice that the Renegade has no locking gas cap. Anyone can open it. There is no inside remote release for the fuel filler door and no key is required. There's no cap at all. All you have to do is push the fuel filler door and it opens. Where I live this could be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
But to answer your post more broadly; there are only a few accessories for the 2015 Jeep Renegade at this time. My wife and I just got our Trailhawk and have been looking around online and what not.

You can always take a look through MOPAR's website - http://www.mopar.com/jeep/renegade/2015/

We are going to be getting the slush mats and the rear heavy duty mat.

I also love the look of this - http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...ussion/7210-jeep-renegade-excape-edition.html

Which means we will probably see the usual accessories start making their way out to the market over the year.

I also assume Rugged Ridge and Smittybilt will start making offroad gear for the cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So i went to the mopar international site, and was able to give my parts department at the local jeep dealer the item numbers and they could order me a few of the items i asked about.

i ended up just ordering two things
part 82214602 Reversible Cargo Mat with Protection Flab, black. $66

and
part 82210538AB cargo net $34

the nets they actually had in their own warehouse, and cool thing no drilling needed in renegade or at least my trailhawk, it already has the connection spots.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh, no. At least not here in the U.S. It appears that Europeans get all the good stuff like a diesel engine and an electronic locking fuel filler door but not here in North America. On a U.S. spec Renegade, all you have to do to open the fuel filler door is to push on the dimple and the door pops open. There is no gas cap. I checked at the dealership.
It’s not a deal killer for me though. Hopefully, Jeep will offer a key locking gas cap as an accessory at some point.

From: http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/specifications/renegade.html under “Safety” about 2/3 down the page, it states:

· Electronic locking fuel filler door: Prevents theft or tampering of the gas cap which can lead to inefficiency and unwanted release of fuel vapors (outside North America)

· Capless fuel-filler door: Provides fuel-filling simplicity and eliminates contact with any fuel spillage

·
Registered
499 Posts
Uh, no. At least not here in the U.S. It appears that Europeans get all the good stuff like a diesel engine and an electronic locking fuel filler door but not here in North America. On a U.S. spec Renegade, all you have to do to open the fuel filler door is to push on the dimple and the door pops open. There is no gas cap. I checked at the dealership.
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn the gas door locked when I locked the trailhawk model I was playing with at the dealer. with the doors unlocked, the gas door opened as you described.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Uh, no. At least not here in the U.S. It appears that Europeans get all the good stuff like a diesel engine and an electronic locking fuel filler door but not here in North America....

so shut up Us Boy ... it´s an european car made by FCA in europe ... so be happy with the crappy ones that fall of the factory we send you over there in America ... :x;):D>:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn the gas door locked when I locked the trailhawk model I was playing with at the dealer. with the doors unlocked, the gas door opened as you described.
On the Lattitude it's locked whenever the doors are on the US models. I can confirm that one. When it was on the lot, I was trying to pop it open to look at the capless fuel thingie and it wouldn't open. Bought the car and it pops open so long as the car is unlocked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What country are you in? If you’re in the U.S., then I don’t know what to make of it.

I went to a Jeep dealership again here in Illinois and tried it once more. An unsold Renegade was parked outside in the lot and the doors were definitely locked and wouldn’t open. I tried it myself. But sure enough, if you pressed the fuel filler door dimple, it would pop open. A fuel filler door’s operation could differ from nation to nation. In the U.S. though, I would think, all U.S. Renegades fuel filler doors would operate the same way. I asked the sales person. He said the fuel filler door is not electronically controlled.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What country are you in? If you’re in the U.S., then I don’t know what to make of it.

I went to a Jeep dealership again here in Illinois and tried it once more. An unsold Renegade was parked outside in the lot and the doors were definitely locked and wouldn’t open. I tried it myself. But sure enough, if you pressed the fuel filler door dimple, it would pop open. A fuel filler door’s operation could differ from nation to nation. In the U.S. though, I would think, all U.S. Renegades fuel filler doors would operate the same way. I asked the sales person. He said the fuel filler door is not electronically controlled.
I'm in the US, New York. Model I tested it on was Trailhawk and oysterhead00 confirmed on the Latitude.

Still waiting on my Trailhawk so I can't actually try it again, but surely some of our other members who have their Renegades can see if various models or packages include the locking gas door.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I can confirm that my U.S. market Latitude, build date 5/15 does NOT lock the fuel door when the doors are locked.

I don't really worried about it, non-secure fuel doors are very common. Look around and notice how many vehicles have a little finger pull on the edge of the fuel door. At least the capless system makes siphoning or dumping any foreign substance into the tank much more difficult, hence the adapter required in order to add fuel from a gas can.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This was listed in post #8

Electronic locking fuel filler door: Prevents theft or tampering of the gas cap which can lead to inefficiency and unwanted release of fuel vapors (outside North America)

I just checked on my US Latitude, the fuel door does open when the car is locked. Car built 12/14.

Clifton

·
Registered
83 Posts
Canadian TrailHawk with only the Tow and Premium Leather packages. The Jeep was locked, and the key FOB left in the house. I was able to open the gas filler and say "Ciao" to my spider.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.