Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are long time compass user.
Happy with the vehicle but its 2000 13liter per km monster and we are interested in new technologies.

It seems renegade has several wonderful security functionalities and a good engine.

I have 3 year old child and we are going to use renegade for both daily basis and summer trips.

My question is, is it wise to move from compass to renegade ?
Ive found a 2015 renegade with a reasonable price.

Or should we consider other vehicles?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi all,

We are long time compass user.
Happy with the vehicle but its 2000 13liter per km monster and we are interested in new technologies.

It seems renegade has several wonderful security functionalities and a good engine.

I have 3 year old child and we are going to use renegade for both daily basis and summer trips.

My question is, is it wise to move from compass to renegade ?
Ive found a 2015 renegade with a reasonable price.

Or should we consider other vehicles?
Well, I made the move from a 2008 Compass to the Renegade recently. The main reason for my move was manual transmission. While I loved the manual, about 10 times in the 8 years I owned her, I was traveling with people who couldn't drive the manual (including my daughter, who I travel with pretty regular)...so the manual had to go.
I have only had the Reny for two weeks- really like it, but in the long term, it will be a good trade IF the new vehicle isn't at the dealer with issues 5 times...so I cannot say for sure. So far so good! My compass had ONE non routine maintenace issue in 8 years!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I made the move from a 2008 Compass to the Renegade recently. The main reason for my move was manual transmission. While I loved the manual, about 10 times in the 8 years I owned her, I was traveling with people who couldn't drive the manual (including my daughter, who I travel with pretty regular)...so the manual had to go.
I have only had the Reny for two weeks- really like it, but in the long term, it will be a good trade IF the new vehicle isn't at the dealer with issues 5 times...so I cannot say for sure. So far so good! My compass had ONE non routine maintenace issue in 8 years!
Thank you very much for the reply.
We are going to choose automatic 1.4 renegade.
The problem is our new car will be a 2015 renegade.
Are there any differences between 2015 and 2016 model renegades ?

Also as per our dealers recommendation we are not choosing the sunroof. Because it seems there is a noise problem the sunroof. It is true ?

If its recommended to have an 2016 model, we may add sunroof also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I also bought a 2015 in 2016! I don't have a sun roof, so I cannot comment there. However, I haven't heard any complaints about the sunroof. So far, the only issue I have is the sound system in the Renegade isn't really very good- not terrible, but not high quality. I just spent a couple hundred buck and will spend some hours this weekend putting in better speaker. Most factory sound systems are crap, however...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also bought a 2015 in 2016! I don't have a sun roof, so I cannot comment there. However, I haven't heard any complaints about the sunroof. So far, the only issue I have is the sound system in the Renegade isn't really very good- not terrible, but not high quality. I just spent a couple hundred buck and will spend some hours this weekend putting in better speaker. Most factory sound systems are crap, however...
So can we assume that there are minor tweaks between 2015 and 2016 ?
If there are not any notable changes i will be also buying a 2015. Otherwise i must add a few! bucks to be able buy a 2016 :|

·
Registered
302 Posts
Newrene,
It might help to know where you live.

The differences between the 2015 and '16 are minor - just make sure whatever vehicle you buy has all it's software up to date.

I have the MySky power / removable sunroof and am very happy with it. I have not experienced the noise problems reported by some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for valuable replies.

I hope luggage capacity will be enough for my family as my baby has a big bag and also a baby car.

We need to add a clarion to be able to use nav and parking camera because the configuration i have at the dealer right now is limited 1.4 automatic.

The other dealer recommended kadjar but it seems there is a quality difference between jeep and renault. Jeep seems to be more reliable while kadjar has some more space.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Concerning MySky, from my few months experience I think as temps change the parts associated w it expand/contract a little and can cause a little bit of a creak from time to time and then it goes away. I don't see it as something that would cause me to not purchase the option. Also, there are some options that do little for resale value, sunroofs and automatic transmission helps with resale value.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No problems with my Renegade with My Sky (powered). It does have wind noise when open, but I haven't experienced noise when it's closed like some others have.

I have the 1.4L Manual and chose the Jeep Renegade because it has manual with 4WD. Torque is much better on the Renegade compared to the Compass so that will be a plus.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Warmer out today....took the panels off and went for a ride around town. No highway speeds (I don't even use power sunroof on highway) but no issues at all with wind or anything else, and only took a minute to put both panels back on. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.