Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are ya'll thoughts on the Jeep Comanche concept based on the Renegade?

Jeep Comanche
Based on the Jeep Renegade, the Jeep Comanche concept vehicle is designed to be off-road ready with practical utility. A nod to Jeep pickup trucks of years past, the Comanche concept takes styling cues from military and civilian Jeep heritage.

The Comanche’s “Beige Against the Machine” concept exterior paint is accented with a Satin Black hood, a concept lower front fascia, winch, steel rear bumper, soft top, and spare tire in the bed. The wheelbase has been stretched an additional six inches versus a production Renegade to accommodate Comanche’s 5-foot bed.

Inside, the Comanche features custom seat covers, pedal covers, door sill guards, and Mopar all-weather mats. Jeep Performance Parts like off-road rock rails, a 2-inch lift kit and a winch bolster the Comanche’s off-road capability. The Comanche rolls on 16-inch painted wheels and 32-inch BF-Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires.

The Jeep Comanche is powered by a 2.0-liter diesel I-4 engine and mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission with Jeep Active Drive Lock, which includes low range and a locking rear differential.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Howabout doing the 60’s IH Scout approach having either a soft top or an all metal top or both. I had the metal top and my brother-inlaw had the soft top. Worked out perfect for each of us. Jeep could learn a few things from the 60’s Scout.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The "Renegade Commander" though is how the Trailhawk should have came stock from the start, IMO!
http://blog.caranddriver.com/trails...mander-concepts-join-2016-easter-safari-haul/
That's what I was thinking. I for sure know I'm gonna hope to whatever/whoever you believe in that I can buy those emblems. I need more neon green in my life. The little led pod by the hitch is nice too. I wonder if they are using their own lift, or just rebranding the daystar or g-force

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It needs a V6 and a two-speed transfer case.

·
Registered
60 Posts
With a hardtop I would love it. Too much like the Dakota convertible now. I had an 88 Comanche 4.0l stick years ago and loved it. Wish I hadn't sold it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Smooth out the bed and put a hard top on it, it might sell a bit better if it wasn't an enthusiasts vehicle

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love it; especially with the diesel. Perfect for someone like myself who only needs a pickup occasionally but would love to have a nice toy. Bring it with A/C for less than 30K and I'll own one.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I like it, apart from the rag top. Why not call it a Renegade pick up? I get the nod to the Comanche of years past, but change the front end and give it it's own i.d, while keeping the seven slot grille as per.

I couldn't see Jeep shipping it to our shores.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I really want those headlights, the smoked housings would look great on my TrailHawk, hopefully it may be an option in the future.

Also, I like the hidden hitch bumpers, very cool and not too bulky up front. Are these the same as that Brazil Renegade with the camo paint that's all over the web I wonder?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.