Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
^^That looks super comfortable.

I just came back into work after an hour nap in mine, but I sleep in a very odd fetal position sideways across the front 2 seats. I've managed to do this in all of my cars, including a tiny smart car. I'm 5'7".

I don't see why there wouldn't be room in the back to sleep. I've been back there for things other than sleep and there's plenty of room with seats folded down ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Schwankster, so glad that worked for you at 6ft tall! Congratulations.

Finally got a chance to put in my sleeping gear, and it fits pretty comfy. The blowup mattress is a standard-sized camping one. I bridge the gap you mentioned that's between the folded-up front seat/back seat with my cooler. I also cover the cargo area with sponge flooring I got at Lowes, and that's covered by a quilt. Easy on the knees and protects the carpet covering. A cargo net holds everything in the rear of the car for driving, so I don’t have to put the seats back up between camping sites.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_295099-47189-MB06014___?productId=3111467&pl=1&Ntt=gym+flooring

Can you explain more about how the remote button works? Would love to be able to get out the back.
Here are some Lowes coupons if you pursue that...
http://renovopower.com/lowes.html

$10 off $50 or just 10% off.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I want to pull a small camper with my Jeep Renegade too. Have you installed a trailer hitch on your Jeep Renegade? If so what brand? Were there any complications with the installation?

Thanks!

Irishcopper
There is a thread on this forum on a write up of how to install and retrofit the "renegade ready" brand hitch on any renegade, with pictures and everything. Here is a link: Hitch Write-Up

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is a thread that talks about the "hidden button keyfob" remote button that operates the rear hatch. I don't know how to insert the link here, so you can search in the DIY section for it using the keywords above.

The "blank" button on the keyfob (only for those of us that DON'T have keyless entry), above the PANIC button, works as a remote unlock/unlatch button for the rear hatch. You can press firmly on the blank button to make it work, but the best way is to take the remote apart and cut the "legs" off the corners of the blank button so it will work just like the other buttons on the remote (easy to push). You must press the button TWICE to unlock/open the hatch, and it doesn't work when the vehicle is in motion. Unlocking/releasing the hatch will not unlock the other doors, and when you close the hatch it will be locked. Nice feature that is FREE! Thanks to mass84 for letting all of us know about this neat hidden feature on the remote!

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am short, 5'5 and hated sleeping in my renegade. Was miserable and uncomfortable. Passenger seat does not recline well, the back has a bit of an angle, rubber mats were not soft and the gap......might try it again with more prep but the one time it was not fun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad I came across this post. I'm taking the Renegade out for an extended weekend hiking camping trip and plan to sleep inside with the MySky open. I bought an exercise pad and sleeping bag. From what I've read, being only 5'5?won't be an issue fir comfort. My recent cargo roof racks with come in handy securing my stuff while I sleep too. I'll take pictures and post them if I remember. Can't wait.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cheap air mattress

I attached a photo of an air mattress I got for 7 bucks at walmart. I use it when sleeping in my Honda Fit, and will be giving it a try soon in the new renegade. I'm 5'10'' 160lbs and it was quite comfortable with my girlfriend and I... Though may need like two of our couch pillows for support under the mattress in a few spots, but i suspect this will be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I only did it for 3 nights and I'm 5'5". I only used an exercise pad. I believe an air mattress would have worked better as it felt a wee bit cramped even for a guy my size. I'd be able to stretch more of i put the seats all the way forward and used the air mattress idea. Next time i do it I'll use this idea.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My knees were slightly bent like I sleep at home. Back was straight. I am not sure what the actual dimensions are but I would recommend you go see it at the dealer anyway.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts