Jeep Renegade Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apologies for the delay, Brewc. Took a while to locate my build plan.

I used screws through the under supports. For the window coverings I cut out templates from newspaper, then cut the resulting shape out of Reflectix Roll Insulation.

I was in Vinton, VA visiting friends. We went to the Blue Ridge Folklife Festival and I witnessed mule jumping and horse pulls for the first time. It was AH-mazing.
Much thanks like the ideas, I’m down in lower end of state near TN. Was slightly curious where all ppl go camping as most only venture to Shenandoah but lots places down this way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old post, sorry for coming late to the game but after seeing this thread, I had to give it a shot. I’m 6’3 for perspective. Back seats down, fromt passenger seat down and I have plenty of room. What I will say is that the space between the flat back seat and the flat(ish) front seat is a bit uncomfortable, but I believe that could be solved with either 1. Pillows or folded up clothes in the gap 2. An air mattress (as someone already mentioned) or 3. Cutting a board to fit from tailgate to the front seat. Granted, you completely lose use of your rear seats with option 3, but depending on your requirements, it’s possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why not just fold the passenger seat flat? Honda advertises that in the new HR-V it's 8 feet from dashboard to tailgate, the Renegade should be close to that.
At least in my latitude the passenger seat does not fold flat, actually none of the seats fold truly flat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to pull a small camper with my Jeep Renegade too. Have you installed a trailer hitch on your Jeep Renegade? If so what brand? Were there any complications with the installation?

Thanks!

Irishcopper
Just replace the inner steel bumper with the trailhawk one...do not buy the Facia for the bumper..like 800...get a dremel and then just buy the center part of facia around hitch..works like charm and i have 2015 sport 2x4 fwd with 1.4 liter 6 speed

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
@oxxyknight Can we have some pictures please as you have confused the sh1t out of me. I have a towbar fitted and didnt need to replace anything onthe Jeep. A small 50mm x 50mm cut out at the bottom of the plastic bumper sufficed to fit the tow hitch.

NatureGeek, my front seats dont fold down completely flat either. I feel your pain.

This was a recent topic if you both care to explore the forum a little.

Someone created a fold down bed that fits into your boot and is only around 100mm thick (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would like a hitch. I have a motorcycle trailer that I'd like to pull. But I'd have to go factory on the hitch that sticks out of the center of the bumper, I can not use a hitch that sit below the bumper. There are a few driveways that I have to enter/leave that the departure angle is so steep I have to literally crawl out. Any speed whatsoever and my plastic bumper crap scrapes. A below bumper hitch would scrape without a doubt, maybe even bend after a few hits. If it doesn't bend, it will certainly rust.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts