Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of swapping out my toe hooks for a mount That would allow me to run D Rings. Anyone know of a product out there that would attach the same way the current tow hooks do but with a hole for a d ring?

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of swapping out my toe hooks for a mount That would allow me to run D Rings. Anyone know of a product out there that would attach the same way the current tow hooks do but with a hole for a d ring?
You mean something like this?

https://www.zl1addons.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/JDJ_0866.jpg

zl1addon site doesn't currently appear to be working. They have them for the Renegade. But, they include the D-ring.
Something like it, yes. But those "d rings" don't look removable and look kinda cheap. Also there is no capacity spec on their site. True d rings hold 10,000+ lbs which is what I need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something like it, yes. But those "d rings" don't look removable and look kinda cheap. Also there is no capacity spec on their site. True d rings hold 10,000+ lbs which is what I need.
yeah they refuse to even test their "tow hawk" kit because they're afraid of damaging their renegade.

so you're looking for something to attach to the renegade that you can then attach a d-ring to? So you would need an eye let or something then right? I am unfamiliar with that the front end of the TH looks like with the bumper cover off, but could you bolt up or weld on a "drawbar eye"?

For d-rings, you could check out mcmaster-carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/#d-shackles/=11jxe36

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah they refuse to even test their "tow hawk" kit because they're afraid of damaging their renegade.

so you're looking for something to attach to the renegade that you can then attach a d-ring to? So you would need an eye let or something then right? I am unfamiliar with that the front end of the TH looks like with the bumper cover off, but could you bolt up or weld on a "drawbar eye"?

For d-rings, you could check out mcmaster-carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/#d-shackles/=11jxe36
I read a few threads about that product. How can you not know its load limit? That's a liability issue... Some guy is going to hook up to it and bust the dink "d ring" and kill someone when they try to pull out a car.

But yes, I need a long threaded rod with a hole that will fit a standard D ring (like an eye bolt). I could easily make one but I need to know it will hold up under 10,000 lb + so I prefer to buy it from a company that's tested it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
is the tow hook thread m16x2.0? I think that may be a limiting factor of finding an eyebolt, not many that have that long of a shank and none that i have come across are near 5 tons. Mopar sells them, but no mentions of their capacity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.