Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Renegade Front Bumper Bar

12K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  MADNESS Autoworks 
#1 ·
Protect the front end of your Jeep Renegade and add a more rugged look with these MADNESS Edition Bumper Bars!

Manufactured from lightweight aluminum and steel with a wrinkle black finish these bumper bars are designed exclusively for the Jeep Renegade right here in the USA!

More information and pricing can be found on our website

non-Trailhawk
https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-J...t-bumper-bar-by-madness-non-trailhawk-pid1104

Trailhawk
https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-J...front-bumper-bar-by-madness-trailhawk-pid7784

Let us know if you have any questions

See less See more
#7 ·
#8 ·
The MADNESS Jeep Renegade front bumper bar is designed specifically for the Jeep Renegade utilizing high quality components and finished with a durable Black Powder Coated Finish.

Bolt on installation!

We offer the MADNESS Bumper Bar for Trailhawk and Non Trailhawk model Jeep Renegades. Please visit the links below to find the perfect fit for your Jeep Renegade.

Non Trailhawk

Trailhawk

#9 ·
Added protection and styling for your Pre-Facelift Jeep Renegade!

High quality construction, powder coated in a durable wrinkle black finish.

We offer the MADNESS Bumper Bar for Trailhawk and Non Trailhawk model Jeep Renegades.

Please visit the links below for the full details on this Bumper Bar for your Jeep Renegade.

Non Trailhawk

Trailhawk

#12 · (Edited)
I believe it was decided many years ago in the UK to impose conditions upon Bullbar installation to cars due to the severity of injuries being suffered in accidents. Surviveable low speed accidents involving pedestrians are now on the decrease since the imposed limitations.

There is always a possibilty I may be wrong. Note below how the UK Goverment uses the word offence and illegal. That is where confusion lies in a gray area.

Is it illegal to fit bull bars?:

Details
General requirements

It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, although the department would not recommend their fitment unless it has been shown, through compliance with specified safety standards, that they do not pose an additional risk of injury to pedestrians or other vulnerable road users.

There are no plans for legislation to require bull bars that are already fitted to be removed. However, since 25 May 2007, it has been an offence for bull bars that have not been approved as compliant with those safety standards to be sold. Approved devices will carry an indelible ‘e’ mark (for example: e1 01 1471).

Advice about legislative requirements in Great Britain relating to bull bars fitted to vehicles. It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, but the Department for Transport doesn’t recommend it unless it has been shown that they don’t pose an additional risk of injury to other road users.

Published 1 May 2010

Bull bars (including; nudge bars, frontal protection, front bars and A-Bars) are legal as long as they are EU compliant. Bull bars fitted to vehicles must not be rigid – as this type of fitment was banned by the EU in 2007.

As long as the bull bars do not cause an increased risk to “passengers, pedestrians and other road users”, they are allowed.

#13 · (Edited)
The current EU Regulation regarding bumper/bull bars can be found here: -

EUR-Lex - 32009R0078 - EN - EUR-Lex

However according to that link these Regs will be replaced in 2022 :-

Date of end of validity: 05/07/2022; Repealed by 32019R2144

With the UK in the process of leaving the EU I am not sure what the state of affairs will be with fitting them in the UK in the medium/long term.

I fancy getting the Steeler black bars myself, but can't justify the cost at the moment.

regards

#15 ·
Will these be available for purchase on your website again?
[/QUOTE]

Hello Josh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately this Bumper Bar is no longer being produced. I do believe we have one still in our inventory. If you would like, send me a PM with your contact info and the Year/Model of your Renegade and I will have our Shipping department look into what we have available.

Thank you again.

#19 ·
Protect the front end of your Jeep Renegade and add a more rugged look with these MADNESS Edition Bumper Bars!

Manufactured from lightweight aluminum and steel with a wrinkle black finish these bumper bars are designed exclusively for the Jeep Renegade right here in the USA!

non-Trailhawk
Start Shopping - car parts and accessories - MADNESS Autoworks

Trailhawk

non-Trailhawk

Trailhawk

I realize this it no longer made, but would love to get my hands on a used one.

#20 ·
Hey John,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately we have sold all of our existing inventory of these front bumper bars.

There may be some that show up in the For Sale section on the forum from Renegade owners who are trading in their Jeeps.

It may be worth browsing that section:
Non-vendor Marketplace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.