Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I visited the Detroit auto show yesterday during "industry days", and I'm glad to report there was a Renegade latitude that was open for viewing - I attach just a few photos...hopefully my newly minted membership to the forum will allow this.

This Colorado Red Renegade accompanies an Omaha Orange Trailhawk that is on a stand (can't get into that one), and the two other Mopar Renegades that have been covered before.

A few impressions from a non auto writer:

- Overall, I thought they looked great. The photos portray the feel of the vehicle aesthetic well.
- The vehicle was larger (inside) than I thought it was going to be. Coming from an 05 Escape, I thought it would leave been suitable for our family without being that much smaller.
- It is much larger inside than a Mini Countryman, and has a lot more cargo area
- The interior isn't as nice as the Cherokee - which supports the lower price point. Example - the leather on the wheel wasn't nearly as soft as other FCA products, but it did appear more durable.
- The seats were, in my opinion, the worst part - they feel very soft, and somewhat lumpy - which is a criticism of the Dodge Dart.

It's no Wrangler....but what vehicle is right? And it won't have the fuel economy penalty that a Wrangler does.

Fire away with any questions - I'll do my best to answer them.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cool! I see that Latitude model has two tone seats- that means there must be more cloth seating options than the standard upholstery with "Jeep" written all over it. Did you take any more pics? It's nice to see that's the exact Renegade I want but in Silver :--)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, I am going to selfishly ask you to elaborate a little more on the size comparison to the Escape. One, because I own one, and secondly, they are well-known due to their popularity and longevity in the marketplace.
Specifically, how did both the interior and exterior size compare to your Escape?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! I see that Latitude model has two tone seats- that means there must be more cloth seating options than the standard upholstery with "Jeep" written all over it. Did you take any more pics? It's nice to see that's the exact Renegade I want but in Silver :--)
That's all I took before my iPhone battery gave out!

I can say the cloth seats did have Jeep written all over it - it was relatively subtle though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I am going to selfishly ask you to elaborate a little more on the size comparison to the Escape. One, because I own one, and secondly, they are well-known due to their popularity and longevity in the marketplace.
Specifically, how did both the interior and exterior size compare to your Escape?
Not selfish at all Reg. I will post a chart I made up on the Rengade vs Escape (Hybrid) interior room. I had the 500L and the Cherokee in there too...so I've left them in place.

Looking at the figures again, I'm not surprised that the stated Front and Rear dimensions for the Escape and Renegade are very close to each other. The Renegade did feel a little tighter in the shoulder room (with two people in there), but the sense of a lot of head room in the Renegade was noticeable. Elaborating on this given this one had the two panels removed, and I didn't feel any reduced head room in the remaining roof area (when panels removed), as sunroofs often do.

Where the Renegade is much smaller, even than an Escape Hybrid with the battery pack back there, is the cargo area. The Renegade floor just seems really high...and I believe it when I see the dimensions state the Escape cargo area has about 10 more square feet of cargo space. So, we'll be using the cargo box a lot more when we need to carry a lot of stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you sit in it and put your foot on the gas pedal? I know this sounds like a dumb question, but when the released the Liberty I was so excited, until I drove one, I felt like I was driving knock knee trying to get to the gas pedal hidden behind the doghouse/dash.

·
Registered
81 Posts
thanks for posting those; nice pictures!

the more I see the red, the more I like it. I also like the two tone interior.

What kind of roof did it have? MySky? Any kind of sun/moonroof, or closed?

thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you sit in it and put your foot on the gas pedal? I know this sounds like a dumb question, but when the released the Liberty I was so excited, until I drove one, I felt like I was driving knock knee trying to get to the gas pedal hidden behind the doghouse/dash.

Sorry, I didn't depress the gas pedal. I did notice the wheel was really nice to hold - it was relatively small in diameter, and the perfect thickness...IMO.

...the more I see the red, the more I like it. I also like the two tone interior.
What kind of roof did it have? MySky? Any kind of sun/moonroof, or closed?

Red looked great. It did have the MySky dual-roof panel. Both panels were off.

The Omaha Orange looked good too. The difference in the front ends of the Latitude vs. Trailhawk had to be pointed out to be noticed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to see they cleaned up the display from Tuesday, as I thought, after the Dodge reveal event!

Were the roof panels stowed under the trunk floor? If yes then did you check to see if there was a full size spare under the stowed roof panels? Love to know. Thanks
Panels were no where to be found (on Tuesday), I specifically opened the hatch and lifted the floor to look. Full size spare, no panels. Also didn't look like there was much space to put said panels?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if that truck had roof panels and a full size spare then the panels have to stow somewhere. Everything I have read had said that they stow in the trunk, under the trunk floor.
Correct - no panels stored that I saw.

Now, I lifted the trunk floor (which had a few sharp edges to it...again...cost cuts showing), and saw some kind of foam storage organizer thing. The full size spare was under that. Maybe the panels go in place of that organizer?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Correct - no panels stored that I saw.

Now, I lifted the trunk floor (which had a few sharp edges to it...again...cost cuts showing), and saw some kind of foam storage organizer thing. The full size spare was under that. Maybe the panels go in place of that organizer?
That sounds like really good news for anyone who wants a full size spare and the My Sky roof. Sounds like the panels do store under the floor panel. I can't imagine that they would have to be stored on top of that floor panel. It all just adds up to good news.

Perhaps if someone else goes there they can ask to see them stowed and then report back to all with pictures of them stowed above the full size spare and below the floor panel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That sounds like really good news for anyone who wants a full size spare and the My Sky roof. Sounds like the panels do store under the floor panel. I can't imagine that they would have to be stored on top of that floor panel. It all just adds up to good news.

Perhaps if someone else goes there they can ask to see them stowed and then report back to all with pictures of them stowed above the full size spare and below the floor panel.
so if you don´t have the mysky roof you have more space in the trunk anyway ...

removed Floor board ... and under this there is the spare Tire

Floor board in at highest Position

So without Roof panels to store in the Trunk it is much bigger ... the height under this is about 9" high ... and if you don´t need a spare Tire you gain an extra 1/3 of this Area under the Floor Board ... ;):D>:D

·
Registered
602 Posts
when I went to the L.A. Show, the pedal placement was just fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Detroit Auto Show OTP Sat 17th 2015

I was at the Detroit auto show this morning. Here are a few more pictures! I am sooooo excited....

as stated in earlier post both Mopar renegades (green & anvil) were there but not open to see.

The Trailhawk (orange) was on a platform so you couldn't get to it but it was open.

The Latitude (red) was open and you could sit in it.

As far as pricing I was told "in the $20k range" and for a release date I was told "uh Marchish" So no one their knows anything about pricing or release dates.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as pricing I was told "in the $20k range" and for a release date I was told "uh Marchish" So no one their knows anything about pricing or release dates.
This is truly the most frustrating/interesting wait for something I've ever experienced. My local dealer seemed pretty confident that they'd have Renegades on the lot "in a few weeks" and that I'd be "the first on the list to test drive them." That was late November!

Hoping for the Renegade to be at the Portland Auto Show in a few weeks and for it to be viewable up close.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.