Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my TrailHawk they could not find the second key. So they ordered one from FCA.
It took weeks to arrive.
I went to the dealer to pick up the second key. They had to program it, and needed the Renegade to do so.
I waited for two hours, they could not get the key to take program. To make matters worse, they swiped the program of the original key.
So my Renegade is spending another night at the dealer (well hopefully just one...)
And it is not remote start which makes it all the more crazy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strike Z,

I would like to look into this further. Have you received your vehicle back yet? Also, what dealership did you take your vehicle to?
We exchanged PMs prior, I am working with Frank at FCA Warrenton, MI. Service manager called and said they are working with FCA on resolving. The delay is basically dealer working step by step with FCA. Dealers is Adams in Annapolis, MD - they and FCA have been excellent to work with.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Strike Z,

I recall our previous PM conversation, but wasn’t aware you had a case open for this specific incident. I’m happy to hear that you are in good hands with this! If I can be of any further assistance or you run into any roadblocks with this situation, please feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I picked up my renegade, it took the dealership about an hour to find the second key. Also the dealership, where I picked up my renegade mentioned, they will replace damaged or non working keys up to 3 months (free of charge). I'm not sure if this applies to all Jeep dealerships.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Turned out it was a bad key. I picked up my Trailhawk and will wait for the second key to arrive.
When we picked up our Renegade on June 2nd one remote did not work. Dealer tried to reprogram it, but no luck, so they have ordered one. Stopped by the dealer today 6/10 to pick up our spare tire kit and asked about the key fob, they looked it up and said it was on national backorder, no idea when they will get it. Just told me do not lose the one we have LOL

Please keep us informed when you get yours.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Temporary Spare Tire kit Part # 82214679 cost was (US) $243.10 + taxes, it is better than just the inflator kit. and you get the jack, lug wrench and a storage bag.
At least I can make it home or somewhere to get the tire repaired / replaced.

·
Registered
59 Posts
These are pictures of the "TEMP" spare not the FULL size. It really will not matter if you use the TEMP spare or the FULL size spare
you will lose the extra space under the cover. :(
The 2nd picture kind of gives you the idea where the cover will now fit. it will on fit in the top position as shown in picture 3.

Hopes this helps. :laugh:

PS the jack, wrench, funnel and screw driver are in the black bag stored next to the jack.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.