Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought our Renegade last week and we love it! We wanted a Trailhawk but it was just out of our price range. :(

Now we need to find some accessories! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought our Renegade last week and we love it! We wanted a Trailhawk but it was just out of our price range. :(

Now we need to find some accessories! :D
Congrats! Which part of north texas? I am in Plano and looking for a reputable dealer to visit and see one in person versus all the online research I have done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I missed all of your replies, I quit coming here for a while since this is the wife's daily driver. Only came here to see after 2+ years if anyone has bothered figuring out how to get more power from the slug of a 2.4. Looks like pretty much nothing will help the 2.4. If there ever was a candidate for a supercharger this is it.

Update: I hate this damn thing. I don't know how my wife and you all stand driving this damn wretched thing everyday. If we weren't so bad off of negative equity I'd trade this POS in--but because the trade-in/resale value is so low we are screwed and stuck with it for years. This thing is worthless, I loathe every second I'm in this thing and god forbid when I have to drive it. I haven't even talked about all the little issues we've had... This was not well put together. Started getting rattles and squeaks after only ~7k miles. Now @ 31k it feels like it is going to rattle itself apart. I blame Italy.

I'm so happy to have my HEMI in my Charger to ease my disgust at this thing.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry I missed all of your replies, I quit coming here for a while since this is the wife's daily driver.

Update: I hate this damn thing. I blame Italy.

I'm so happy to have my HEMI in my Charger to ease my disgust at this thing.
This forum believes they made these from the USA designed by American Engineers, assembled by American workers.
Welcome back to this forum. I was booted out for a while until I start saying good things.
I believe some of us are not fortunate enough but majority is lucky to be problem free.

It sucks huh?

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Tigershark is All American, no?
We don't even get them over here.
According to Wikipedia the Tigershark (in the Renegade) is a Chrysler engine mated to the Chrysler 9 speed auto. The rest are Fiat engines mated to Fiat manual and auto boxes, except for the 9 speeds which use the Chrysler box.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This forum believes they made these from the USA designed by American Engineers, assembled by American workers.
Heh... Some of the local trolls are not paying attention to the fact that the Jeep Renegade does indeed have roots in the USA, despite being assembled in Italy.

Examples:

=========================================

The entirety of the design took place in Auburn Hills, where senior FCA designers turned over the styling process to its youngest members with the instructions: “Design a car for yourself.” Jeremy Glover and Ian Hedge, 2010 and 2011 graduates of Detroit’s College for Creative Studies, penned the crossover’s exterior and interior. They wanted to give the Renegade a feeling of urbanity, yet to feel simultaneously active. So they used themes from activities like base jumping, parkour, and paintball—the latter is quite evident in the tach, where orange splatter serves as the car’s redline.

-- Car and Driver March 7, 2014

=========================================

Dundee Engine Plant
5800 North Ann Arbor Road , Dundee, Michigan, United States

Products:
2.4-liter I-4 naturally aspirated engines for the Dodge Journey and Jeep Renegade
2.4-liter I-4 Tigershark Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) for the Jeep Cherokee

The Company announced on Aug. 7, 2013, that it would invest $52 million in its engine plants in Trenton and Dundee,
Mich., to increase capacity of the Tigershark engine. Of the $52 million, Dundee would receive $40.5 million to convert a
line to machine cranks, heads and blocks to support Tigershark production at Trenton.

==========================================

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.