Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, today was the day that I went to collect my new Renegade, and my first foray into Jeep ownership.
First a couple of photos - the light was fading by the time I made it home.

On this forum I had read about many issues
Rough gearbox/gear selection - my car is fine
Poor clutch - smooth as you would expect
Road noise - I never test drove at speed, but drove home over 70mph, and the road noise is a tiny bit more than Range Rovers, BMWs and Audis. Nothing to worry about.
Software issues - tested Satnav, telephone (paired super easy including phonebook), radio, voice control etc - all generally good, with small room for tiny improvement
Pillars too big - no issue to me at all
Cannot find good driving position - found superb driving position instantly
Seats are uncomfortable - they were fine on 2.5 hour drive home

The car is the 2.0 140 engine, and I would like a tiny bit more power, but we did drive up a mountain on the way home (on tarmac!)

Overall verdict 9/10 very pleased

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Glad you have finally picked it up. I was lucky and picked mine up in the morning sunshine. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine. It is everything that I hoped it would be. Happy Jeepin'

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will enjoy giving it a clean at my first opportunity.
We almost encountered snow over the mountain, but the temperature was just too high.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I can see why you would like a tiny bit more power. Mine has 1.4 petrol lump and same power as yours, but yours is what, I'm guessing 130-140 kg heavier than mine. You should have more torque as yours is diesel.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey is that tow bar(factory fitted pack I assume) user removeable(with hide plate for hole).?
Seen USA owners say that and now I'm mixed up who gets what.

PS. Bet you never wished for 2 feet of snow before. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It isn't factory fitted or detachable.
I needed the car relatively quickly, so had to take one from the present UK stock.
My dealer got the tow bar fitted before delivery. Initially I was disappointed that it isn't detachable, but now I love the look and I am delighted that it is fixed. Not even used it yet!

We get our fair share of snow up here anyway.

Hey is that tow bar(factory fitted pack I assume) user removeable(with hide plate for hole).?
Seen USA owners say that and now I'm mixed up who gets what.

PS. Bet you never wished for 2 feet of snow before. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.