Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I purchased this vehicle 2nd hand but only 2 years old fairly low mileage from a dealer. I wanted a car with the "Bells and Whistles" for the first time in my life ready for retirement.
Alas since then it's been nothing but trouble and I wonder if I'm just unlucky or is this car? To catalogue some of the problems;
  • Oil health warning after 2 weeks - dealer obviously didn't oil change! (£175)
  • Satnav maps out of date ( driving through fields etc) - dealer only update possible - dealer still cannot do (2 1/2 years later)
  • Parksense system failure together with door remote locking defective / sporadic fault - dealer changed "Body control module" and did "factory recall type repair" (£900)
  • Uconnect system not working - DAB radio sporadic - unresolved after investigation (£185)
  • Auto start/stop fault - blamed on occasional low battery power (maybe correct)
  • Remote door UNLOCKING only not working correctly - needed 3/4 presses before unlocking - dealer investigated and stated not a fault (£90 computer plug in cost)
  • Battery died with no warning whilst on 3AM Call out to aged lady during storms recently - parking brake stuck on with vehicle in road - purchased new Bosche battery (£210) myself and fitted - MIRACLE the DOOR UNLOCKING NOW WORKS ON ONE CLICK!!!
  • The most recent is: Lane sense system TURNS OFF by itself and shows as a fault, then turns on again when button is pressed. SPOOKY interaction is that this doesn't happen IF RADIO IS LEFT TURNED OFF!!! (Not been to dealer yet so cost unknown)

There are some others but it gets boring / depressing. Has anyone got any idea on how best to proceed with this car? As I said it was to retire with and I cannot afford to scrap the bloody thing and start again. I've talked to the Service manager at the dealers and emailed directors etc. Contacting Jeep direct seems to be harder than speaking to God for any meaningful conversation. If I could afford it I'd probably drive back to the dealers and "Park" it halfway through their plate glass frontage!
It's a shame because it drives beautifully and is comfortable etc. etc.

Sorry to ramble,

Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi ya Mike,welcome to the forums. Sorry to here about your problems i have had some of the same on mine, half the stuff not working and most the warning lights flashing up. After a couple of visits to the dealer we got it from with no joy we switched dealer and they updated the onboard computer and away the jeep went. (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts