Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now dont flog me for thinking this. But on other vehicles without solid axles people have made after market control arms and axle shafts that allow you to lift the vehicle more than average without binding the stock suspension up. I have also seen cross member or sub frame spacers like when you lift an XK Commander in the front. I know you cant go over 2 inches with a Renegade because of your axle shafts but thats where longer aftermarket control arms and axle shafts would come into play i guess.
I wonder if anyone will get serious enough to do this for a Renegade.

If anyone has the cad design technology lets build it! lol

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been thinking about this recently. So what I believe to be true is that my Trailhawk lacks articulation due to the fact that my control arm is bottoming out on the vehicle frame.
So what I've been reading up on extending the control arms to, which theoretically would allow for more lift and still mantain the ability to do an alignment.
Here are my questions... Could I put in spacers for the control arms? This would lift the control arm and give it a little more space to flex right? But then does the spacers effectively reduce the lift or ride height? I'm watching people on Youtube cutting up a Walmart cutting board, glueing them together and mounting them as spacers. Any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts