Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Renegade madness

99K views 152 replies 49 participants last post by  MADNESS Autoworks 
#1 ·
:ReneBlueWave:

It looks like we were finally able to place our order for the new Jeep Renegade the way we wanted to. After being told by a number of dealers that it wasn't available or local dealerships not showing interest in wanting to order us a car, one was finally able to take care of our needs. Whether or not the order will be confirmed by Jeep, we’ll know in the next few days.

As of now, we've placed an order for the Renegade in Sierra Blue with the 1.4L Turbo engine (This is the same engine as the FIAT 500 ABARTH that we sell many accessories & performance parts for). We also ordered it with the manual gearbox and all wheel drive. Our goal is to take this little guy & turn it into a fun, fast, great handling compact crossover.

By choosing the 1.4L Turbo engine we know that we are able to tune that engine and we are well aware of its capabilities as we've worked on them since 2012. There are a number of bolt-on goodies we have available and additional parts that we will quickly develop. We have piggyback engine boxes & direct flashing systems for the car so we know with our experience we can easily get the engine to over 210 horses and do it reliably. That in an all-wheel drive package, manual gear box, lowered with modified suspension, & a nice set of wide wheels on sticky tires with an exhaust should make this box a ton of fun.

What we are being told is that it will take approximately three months for our CUV to arrive, meanwhile we are working on a number of other parts & will be introducing them to you guys through our online store, this forum, and other outlets as they become available. Stay tuned and look forward to documenting our fun build.

See less See more
#3 ·
This sounds great. I think a Renegade 4x4 with the 1.4L/6-speed manual is the closest thing in stock form you can get to a rally car.

I plan to order something very similar. I don't plan to lower mine at all. In fact I will probably replace the stock tires with something a bit more rugged like a nice AT tire.

However, I'd love to add an aftermarket exhaust. In the Abarth the exhaust note from this engine sounds awesome. I'd love if there was some aftermarket way for it to sound like that in the Renegade.

#5 · (Edited)
However, I'd love to add an aftermarket exhaust. In the Abarth the exhaust note from this engine sounds awesome. I'd love if there was some aftermarket way for it to sound like that in the Renegade.
You're in luck ;)

If you simply have a muffler shop remove both the resonator and the muffler it will sound EXACTLY like an Abarth (The Abarth is just straight pipe after the catalyst, no resonator or muffler at all). You should even get the same exhaust "pops" the Abarth guys love so much :cool:. It will be fairly loud and drone a bit, like the Abarth, but not crazy loud. The turbo absorbs most of the noise

Here's a Dart that did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pab1RnR7ra4

Make sure they take off the resonator too or it will sound different. Once you do it please post a video. :ReneBlueWave:

#4 ·
That in an all-wheel drive package, manual gear box, lowered with modified suspension, & a nice set of wide wheels on sticky tires with an exhaust should make this box a ton of fun.
That sounds good and gives you some good business potential. I'm sure you will find a market for tuners who want a rally car.

Just to put it in perspective, being a member of the forum for over a year and having read every post, I think I recall 3 or 4 people discussing the possibility of a "hot hatch".

In that same time, only 1 or 2 people have asked about lowering.

Many of us are clamoring for offroad accessories including lift kits, wheels, wheel spacers, tires, rock rails, brush guards, bull bars, winch mounts, etc. etc.

But, I understand after looking at your website your specialty is tuning and customization so I understand your business decision.

#12 ·
Yeah, I too have a car that sounds better. The completely factory exhaust on my Challenger with its active exhaust really rumbles yet is nearly silent at highway speeds.

Nothing sounds like a good sized V8 engine. :D

#20 ·
Good evening everyone!

So as some of you know we're begun to carry quite a few products from the Renegade such as these All-Weather Floor Liners.

These have been incredibly popular & have been on back order for the longest time, we now have them back in stock for you.

If you want to see some more photos and details, click on the bottom link:

http://madness.link/1fzsg

#23 ·
We're constantly updating the site right now because we're adding more and more products DAILY!

Take a look here: http://madness.link/o0dm9

We're a phone call, email, message away folks - so don't hesitate to bombard us with quesitions :)

#24 ·
Good afternoon everyone! We have a customer's Renegade in the the shop and we're looking forward to some hands on R&D!

We'll be testing a few prototypes and fabricating several components for it, today we're starting with an Intake System fabrication.

Other prototypes that we will be looking into designing will be exhaust, headers, other intake styles. We will also be testing lift kits and and different wheel fitment.

We're also very exciting about testing our GoPedal (http://madness.link/48g1p) on the Renegade and getting it fine tuned and dialed in

#25 ·
Test fitted some wheels provided by our new partners yesterday.

Can't wait to release more information for you guys!

#28 · (Edited)
We're working with the manufacturer for those of you that may be interested in the wheels, I've personally seen these wheels up close during the test fitting and loved how they really beef up the Renegade!

Now we can get a small number of these wheels done and make them available next week however, because stock is so limited - the next shipment will take 2 months.

To gauge, how many of you would be interested in a set if we were able to make them available next week, of course these sets would be priced aggressively for you

#31 ·
Speaking of GOPedals.... ;)

If you guys want more information, click the following link, drop us a call or shoot us an email/PM - We'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

We're so excited about all our upcoming Renegade MADNESS projects and parts!

http://madness.link/48g1p

#40 ·
The GOPedal advances your advances your throttle’s timing to give you a more direct response & designed to make your car more responsive. One of the best parts about this unit is that the throttle control signal amplifier is installed in minutes with basic tools.

It is not a permanent modification and can be returned to stock just as easily. It is a great way to get that feeling without breaking the bank or taking a risk with voiding your factory warranty.

Would love to see those wheels wearing a nice pair of AT tires!
We couldn't agree more Beerwolf70! ;)

I'm interested! Trailhawk ordered 4/19, JB status on 5/31, still waiting for an update... would buy/order these tomorrow if I had the TH here already.
:D the anticipation is enough to drive you batty huh? Drop us a line whenever you're ready Mudcatca!

Like the look of the wheels. Are there any pictures of them mounted on the car with a view of the vehicle from further away?
We'll take more photos very soon and update!

#36 ·
Reviews have been really positive for other vehicles that they have made this for. Even though it doesn't add any horsepower most people have said that it does make a big difference. Still waiting on delivery of my Latitude w/ the 1.4L 6 speed. I am considering getting the goPedal w/ the ECU module but I'm not sure if it will really be necessary.

#42 ·
Good afternoon everyone, so we would love to work with some of you here in Southern California. ;)

We're actively looking for Renegade owners who would like to test new products and give us some feed back.

We'll be offering significant discounts and such and would over all love to meet more of you and become more and more active in this wonderful community.

If you would be interested, please PM us with your Renegade sub-model, color, engine size, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive and a few words about the type of modifications that you would like to install.

That will allow us to create a unique database where we can get in touch with you whenever we're ready to test(R&D) and release new and exciting parts.

:ReneBlueWave:

We look forward to hearing from a lot of you!

#43 · (Edited)
As you all saw recently, we showed some photos of a new wheel line we're releasing for the Jeep Renegade, they are now available and we're sharing them with you all first ;)

Here's what we're offering right now while supplies last... $899.99 free shipping in North America (all 50 states)

For inquiries and pricing, email info@madnessautoworks.com :D

#44 ·
A completely sealed Intake that has been designed specifically for your 2.4L JEEP Renegade.

Now in production! Available August 2015!
Pre Order Now and save $50! Pricing will go to $399.99 once product is in stock.

This intake has been designed by a partnership of two companies (BMC and MADNESS). BMC Air Filters and MADNESS joined forces and designed a true, ready to bolt in, Jeep Renegade Specific Intake that utilizes the World Renowned BMC ITA Filtering System. The goal was to design and manufacture an Intake System that would utilize top quality parts and provide owners with a sealed system that would provide the best combination of filtration and flow.

Read on here: http://madness.link/yjnrt

#45 ·

Have you guys picked up your Intake yet?

BMC Air Filters and MADNESS joined forces and designed a true, ready to bolt in, Jeep Renegade Specific Intake that utilizes the World Renowned BMC ITA Filtering System. The goal was to design and manufacture an Intake System that would utilize top quality parts and provide owners with a sealed system that would provide the best combination of filtration and flow.

Order it here: http://madness.link/yjnrt

#47 ·
We do not have dyno sheets at this time. While posting up a dyno gain to sell an intake is rather simple to do we have decided to release it without dyno claims.

Here is what we can tell you:

There are very few design options for an intake in this vehicle due to available space. We designed several versions and picked the top two designs (which we will offer).

Our team consists of top level mechanics and fabricators with years of custom fabrication experience. If they can design and race a 1,000+ HP car from scratch, they can design a pretty good intake system.

Our goal was to offer a direct bolt on intake that is easy to install, good looking, well made, offers improvement over the stock airbox and at the same time it's relatively affordable.

Next goal was to pair it up with the very best Air Filter in the world. We worked with BMC Air Filters out of Italy to design two intake versions for the 2.4 motor.

The focus was superior filtration and superior airflow which would then lead to more power. By using an improved design and combining it with the best filter design we believe we have come up with two winners.

The intakes are now in production and will start shipping soon. Once they do we will offer up a challenge to our customers....

Dyno your Renegade, Install the new intake and if you are not happy with the gains return it for a refund. We will give you a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

Will we post up some dyno numbers in the near future? Yes, but we will be posting your numbers not ours. If you are interested in being one of those owners here is what we will do:

1. Purchase the intake
2. Do 3 Dyno Runs on your Renegade (get average)
3. Install the intake and do 3 Dyno Runs (get average)

Please make sure the conditions are the same (temps, car, etc). Once you get your dyno done and have the runs recorded contact us. We will ask for a copy. Once we receive your copy we will post it on the forum and share with everyone else.

If you are happy with the intake keep it and we will issue you a $100 store credit for your trouble. If you are not happy with the intake return it for a full refund.

We think this is a pretty fair and honest deal. How about you?

We have seen way too many "questionable" dyno claims in our time and this may be a better way to do this.

#49 ·
:D Everyone just loves those GOPedals, it's amazing the difference that they make! Drop us a PM when you're ready or shoot us an email at info@madnessautoworks.com and we'll get you taken care of! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.