Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I purchased a 2015 Renegade a few months ago and I am completely in love with it! I haven't had any major issues with it until recently. The windshield wiper fluid is lacking the velocity it once had and only drips out when I press the button. Has anyone had this issue before, if so is it a quick fix or should I take it to my mechanic?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hi all, I purchased a 2015 Renegade a few months ago and I am completely in love with it! I haven't had any major issues with it until recently. The windshield wiper fluid is lacking the velocity it once had and only drips out when I press the button. Has anyone had this issue before, if so is it a quick fix or should I take it to my mechanic?
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of great info here. Does the fluid motor sound like it is working? If it is working a hose might have become disconnected. Try the washer and see if there are any leaks of windshield fluid on the ground.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
505 Posts
Does it drip out for both the windshield and rear glass or only one? Good way to isolate where your problem is.

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts

and enjoy the forum!
Search is your friend!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Stick a pin into the nozzle jets and it will dislodge any small grains of dirt that may be trapped and reducing the water flow.

In another instance on an older car, the bottom of the scooshy tank was thick with green algae. It was clogging up the hose and needed cleaned out by removing the small pump at the bottom and back flushing with the garden hose.

On a different occasion the garage back flushed the water pipe by blowing compressed air through the wiper hose to clear a blockage.

Personally I would start with the pin in the first instance. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts