Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Renegade Night Eagle here in France (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jeep/renegade/94238/jeep-renegade-night-eagle-2015-review)

The biggest selling point for me is the exterior trim and most importantly, non-leather seats. It's near impossible to get a Limited/Latitude with cloth seats here. I've found the cloth way more comfortable to sit in.

I'm a bit hesitant, though, about the exterior paint. The volcano sand matte is superb looking. However, I'm not sure if it's actually paint or vinyl wrap (the dealer didnt know).

Anyone know what the upkeep on this would be? I'm not one to keep me Jeep fanatically clean, but I'm worried about odd nicks and scratches maybe becoming a huge pain. As it's also super rare I could foresee any body work going something like "wtf is this pain color? we can't match that."

Thanks in advance, any advice on this would be great.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Love the color. Pretty sure it is paint and not a wrap. I would get it just because it's a different (rare) color and matte. Sorry I'm not much more help though.

Definitely post lots of pics if you get it!

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
Love the color .. but I think there will be problem when you will need to paint few elements.. I don't thnik it will be easy to mach a color.

FCA doesn't make the paint. Body shops will be able to order the paint.

The real question is how hard is it to blend in on a repair. No idea, but I suspect it is at the least atypical compared to basecoat clearcoat that is shiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.