Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a Renegade and Patriot profiles photos, resized each to their actual real life length in an image editing program (bumper to bumper) then superposed them as precisely as possible and then created this animated Gif and reformatted the image to 1024 px...

It gives an idea on the difference in shape and length :)

Notice how the structure is almost the same while the renegade looks more cubic and robust... And more stylish as well ;)

Animation:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do we have cargo cap info yet (I can't remember), from your gif it looks like the Renegade has a much shorter rear overhang wich ostensibly I would assume is a smaller cargo cap in the rear... ???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do we have cargo cap info yet (I can't remember), from your gif it looks like the Renegade has a much shorter rear overhang wich ostensibly I would assume is a smaller cargo cap in the rear... ???
I think so... Of course if I did not mess up in my measurements but looks convincing as a comparison in my opinion

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Karamich, very nice work, thank you for sharing. Gives you a great idea now when you see a Patriot on the road.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Karamich, very nice work, thank you for sharing. Gives you a great idea now when you see a Patriot on the road.
As I own a Patriot, I could not wait to see the Renegade TH in person to judge how it is compared to what I have... Now I can see that the cargo area is scary (small) while the Patriot cargo itself is not great compared to others...

I can also estimate the front section and how I can fit in it compared to the Patriot and it seems more or less the same unless the front seat is more upright and forward as an overall position...

Also I wanted to see how it fits in my building shared interior garage area. The garage has many other vehicles in it and each has its own way of parking or getting out of their assigned area... But this factor is not problematic for the Renegade

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that is very cool. Can you do it for the Subaru Crosstrek XV? For comparison, the Subaru wheelbase is 103.7, versus the Renegade's 101.2
If I get some free time I will do one no problem...

However speaking of Subaru, I also did yesterday the Outback 2015 vs Patriot size comparison for my garage and this one is so scary... The OB 2015 is one option I have in mind if the Renegade TH price is not right... I will go longer :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
These gifs are a great idea. Thanks for building them for us. Didn't realize the cargo space of the Renegade was so much less than the patriot. I can deal with that though. I want to have a smaller car, so obviously you have to give up some space for that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These gifs are a great idea. Thanks for building them for us. Didn't realize the cargo space of the Renegade was so much less than the patriot. I can deal with that though. I want to have a smaller car, so obviously you have to give up some space for that.
Yep they are useful for rough estimations. Although they are built using real measurement they are still rough since every photo is done with a slight vertical or lateral angle that does not ensure 100% profile view.

Yet we can see how each vehicle has its special shape and limitations... For example, I much prefer the Renegade boxy shape instead of the sloped sporty lines of the XV for practical reasons (I am 6`2 +back seats head clearance etc.)

Yes the Renegade has smaller cargo and this is one downside for me too but as we compare to the XV or even its older brother the Patriot, we see that it is not a small frame CUV but rather a robust one bigger than its rivals

If I have time I will try it with the Juke and the Soul ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Karamich, another very nice comparison, thanks so much.

Another one to consider, if you have time, is the new Honda HR-V since it may pull some potential buyers away from the Renegade.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here is a new video showing the cargo room at 30 seconds in.
351L Seats Up, 1297 L Seats Down

It is a Fashion Week Commercial for Austria, now carefully click play and check out the cargo on an obstacle course, that is cargo, not cargo room :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Karamich, you are the bomb! I've previously done something somewhat similar between the Renage and Crosstrek, but I lined up the center of the front axles, not the forwardmost point on the vehicle front bumper.

The reason was I saw that the Crosstrek has bumpers that stick out a lot further than the Renegade, both front and back.

What shows is a different picture/comparison of rear cargo space. In actuality, the Crosstrek does have 1.2 cubic ft more with the second seat folded forward, but the Renegade's box shape appears to be much more useful - taller all the way to the back.

At any rate, thanks much!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Karamich,

Can you make a size comparison with a first generation RAV4, like a 1998 or so. I'm guessing, they will be similar, not only the size but the orerall design/shape.

Thanks,

Reactions: tony

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Karamich, very nice, another great compare. We are going to have to dub you Chief Animator of the JR Forum!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Karamich, very nice, another great compare. We are going to have to dub you Chief Animator of the JR Forum!
hah :) But perhaps these could be part of the gallery as well as a reference for people? Because here they can be buried under many threads... Also the title of the thread is Patriot comparison and now we have many others ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.