Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From our friends at Allpar:

Does anyone know when the Renegade enters production and when the first shipment of North American spec units is scheduled to begin?

Last week union sources, after Sergio _amrchionne visited the FCA SATAi plant (in Italy), said to media that Jeep Renegade production will start in some weeks, now they are in pre production.
After the summer they will start Fiat 500X production.

So they are very close to the publicized July start date for Europe.
That should mean, early Fall for shipment to the US, hopefully September.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/156057-renegade-production/

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sounds good, with at date like that it makes me wonder if anyone plans to get winter tires in advance or do any winter prep.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Are they releasing the the Renegade all of the world at the same time, and therefore starting up production at each of the Renegade production facilities? Or is it rolling out in one place first and therefore only starting one factory's production at first?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good to see that, at times info on wiki can be good. The good thing is they usually get right to the point with the fact they post.
The August 2014 date has been on their site for the Renegade BU since late April. I'm beginning to think Jeep, FCA, some or one of their associates may be feeding the information as the production date has not changed for a while and there have been other updates to the Renegade BU site specifically.
Ahhh, a glimmer of hope (I hope)!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the pics above, specifically referring to the Renegade in the background, are of pre-production vehicles. Possibly the Fiat 500X as well. Any new modern vehicle needs to have some pre-production on the "production" assembly line. Get the assembly kinks worked out. Make sure the flow through the line goes the way it is really supposed to go. This is where many of the "Camouflaged" vehicles come from. Because they are pre-production, most of them will be destroyed. There may be parts, minor and major, that do not meet certain criteria. The manufacturer doesn't want any of them getting into the hands of the public. Hence the term "pre-production".

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are they releasing the the Renegade all of the world at the same time, and therefore starting up production at each of the Renegade production facilities? Or is it rolling out in one place first and therefore only starting one factory's production at first?
First sales are planned for Europe in Q3 or Q4. Sales to the U.S. are speculated to start anywhere from Q4(2014) to Q1(2015). But like all new development, this have a way of sliping out. Look at the release of the 2014 Cherokee, delayed by months for the 9 speed transmission problems. (hopefully they will figure out how to program it for the Renegade.)

I've read over the last few months that Italy production starts first, for European, U.S. and other destinations (the plan is for the Renegade to be sold in 100 countries.

I've read that the China plant, to open in 2016, will be only for Jeeps sold in China (but I wonder if not for nearby Asian countries as well?).

The Pernambuco, Brazil plant opens in 2015, the first article I read said it was just for South America exports, but again, time will tell. Here is info from one article:

UOL (Pernambuco, Brazil) Used As anticipated, the factory in Brazil will have production capacity estimated at 250 000 cars / year when production is complete. Will still be the first unit of the Jeep brand outside the U.S. territory and for a long time - the complex that is being built in China is only ready in 2016." (seems like this was written by some employees on a visit from Brazil to the U.S., they failed to mention the Italy Jeep Renegade plant).
https://translate.google.com/transl...ica-do-jeep-renegade-no-brasil.htm&edit-text=

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
So there now will be an Italian built Renegade and one built in Brazil. I wonder which one people will want?

·
Registered
194 Posts
So there now will be an Italian built Renegade and one built in Brazil. I wonder which one people will want?
Funny as I have made this comparison before. A few years back, I owned two Honda motorcycles, one manufactured in Brazil, the other in Italy. I cannot say I had any issues with either related to manufacturing or assembly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts