Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After considering all my options I decided to buy the Renegade Ready factory hitch kit. They are great to deal with and I got my stuff fast. I have it unpacked and will tackle the install this weekend if possible. I'm giving myself most of the day. This thing is a beast! Almost 50lbs of steel. The instructions seem great as well as the templates. I did got to Harbor Freight as suggested and paid $5.99 for the body trim removal kit and have a feeling it's a few bucks well spent.

If I remember, I will try and take some pics along the way with any pointers that may help. All I need now is the 6-pack for breaks. ;)
I forgot to set the bezel out for the pic..

·
Registered
72 Posts
After considering all my options I decided to buy the Renegade Ready factory hitch kit. They are great to deal with and I got my stuff fast. I have it unpacked and will tackle the install this weekend if possible. I'm giving myself most of the day. This thing is a beast! Almost 50lbs of steel. The instructions seem great as well as the templates. I did got to Harbor Freight as suggested and paid $5.99 for the body trim removal kit and have a feeling it's a few bucks well spent.

If I remember, I will try and take some pics along the way with any pointers that may help. All I need now is the 6-pack for breaks. ;)

that there's is a handy mans tool bench, by the looks of it you shouldn't have any problems!

Master Guns, or Gunnery Sergeant?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Awesome to hear. If you do take pics and provide a step by step, I'll put it up in the DIY master thread.

TS

·
Registered
753 Posts

Looks like an excellent after-market kit. From the looks of it, it's an entire replacement of the rear bumper.

That little notch on the left - will that allow installing one of the factory red tow hooks (that normally only ship with the Trailhawk) on non-Trailhawk models?

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like an excellent after-market kit. From the looks of it, it's an entire replacement of the rear bumper.

That little notch on the left - will that allow installing one of the factory red tow hooks (that normally only ship with the Trailhawk) on non-Trailhawk models?
The Renegade Ready kit allows for install on any Renegade now. Hooks are good to go.

·
Registered
377 Posts

It sounds like those are more of a pass-through than a threading point.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yep, just a slot to allow the hook, not to install a hook. That would be sweet, but a no-go.
Boo to that, :p

Sure would be nice... I wonder though, with the slot we'd now have access to what's behind the bumper - which I imagine is the frame?

Not sure what I want to invest in next - the RenegadeReady hitch kit, or the wheels+tires I've been eye-ballng on Amazon, :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Boo to that, :p

Sure would be nice... I wonder though, with the slot we'd now have access to what's behind the bumper - which I imagine is the frame?

Not sure what I want to invest in next - the RenegadeReady hitch kit, or the wheels+tires I've been eye-ballng on Amazon, :)
I suggest you get the Renegade Ready hitch kit. Your car already has 4 wheels/tires. And the price is right. A dealer will scalp you selling you a Mopar hitch. And then they will charge you a hefty price to install it. If you are a DIY person then save the money, get a six pack and carefully put it in yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.