Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, got around to installing my RR spacers, and test-fitted my new steelies while I was at it.

The entire walk through is up on Lil'Red's Facebook page;

Wheel Spacers

Here's four quick shots of the front passenger wheel - before and after the installation.

Front Before:

Front After:

Front Before:

Front After:

Looks good. More like a Jeep and less like a car, :)

Rides great, just like it always does. Can't really notice a difference yet. I'm sure during this week's commute to and from work and school, I'll notice something - I have to assume corning will be a little different with a slightly wider stance.

Now I'm just waiting for the tires and the TPMS valves to get here, hopefully this week - so I can get the new rubber installed next weekend, :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never had spacers before and they look good. Do spacer affect handling much? I'm looking for a benefit to them other than having the wheel stick out, so that I can justify the cost.
The vehicle does seem to corner a little better, an uber-tiny bit less body roll, but barely noticeable.

The reason I'm adding them is so I can fit a different set of rims and rubber. I'm moving from the factory 17x7x40ET rims with the 215/60R17s to a set of 16x6.5x41ET steel rims with a set of 225/70R16s. Going for a slightly wider and taller tire, and I want more sidewall, which is why I dropped to a 16" rim.

I test-fitted my steelies while I was installing the spacers last weekend, and you'll see that there's no way the rims would work without the spacers, as they butt-up to the front caliper:

But once I added the spacers there's plenty of clearance:

what was the spacer thickness used? Did you have any pics of the rears or sis you not do those yet?
The spacers are from RenegadeReady.com, they're 25mm (just under 1-inch) thick. They come with 20 extended lug bolts, 4 extended hub anchors, and 2 wheel hangers. The folks at RR have some high-quality items available.

The entire walk-through of photos are up on my Lil'Red Facebook page, but here's some of the images:

Rear before:

Rear after:

Rear before:

Rear after:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The vehicle does seem to corner a little better, an uber-tiny bit less body roll, but barely noticeable.

The reason I'm adding them is so I can fit a different set of rims and rubber. I'm moving from the factory 17x7x40ET rims with the 215/60R17s to a set of 16x6.5x41ET steel rims with a set of 225/70R16s. Going for a slightly wider and taller tire, and I want more sidewall, which is why I dropped to a 16" rim.

Are your mirrors plasti dipped?

·
Registered
607 Posts
The jeep should definitely handle better, and if you take the front spacers off and leave the rears on, there will be even more of an increase in stability and stiffness around corners, and I only say this from experience... I have played with spacers on other cars before, and with just the rears spaced out, it handles better than with all 4, much stiffer on the on ramps and less body roll - although having all 4 on there looks better, and having all 4 is still - as you put it - an "uber-tiny" improvement in handling over stock. Plus in your case you need the space to clear the calipers with the wheels you are running.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks good I may need to order a set. Had the Geolander AT/S 225/65/17's installed last Monday so this would make them look even better. Not sure of the their is any more stress added to the drivetrain while off roading with spacers though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.