Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned 1000 miles in my 2015 Renegade Latitude in Commando, waiting at a red light and I get plowed into by a 2015 Toyota Corolla. What is up with people? :(:(:crying:

·
Registered
16 Posts
He was probably driving while preoccupied namely texting. All new cars should come with a 360 degree camera monitoring system as standard equipment. It would give you the proof you need of what transpired.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That stinks. Glad it was minor if you had to get hit.

Way too many people these days are not paying attention to their driving.

Reactions: cvizzfish

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to see that happen, good thing everyone is ok.

I feel the pain you are about to experience since I hit a dog with my Renegade a week or so ago and need to get a new bumper, fog light assembly and some other things. My body shop, which was also the dealer I bought it from, has had the parts on order for over a week with no estimated delivery yet.

Getting a new rear hatch might be an adventure.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The worst part will be waiting 6 months to get parts. Right now their priority is having the parts for the production line. Hope they won't take that long, but seeing that they will be imported I don't see them getting to you quickly. Fortunately it's minor damage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well that sucks. Hope I don't have to wait six months for parts. Everyone was OK, just shaken up. Toyota drivers love our Jeeps. Our Jeep Patriot was rear ended twice on an expressway ramp two years ago by an 84 year old women who was late for a meeting at a local college. She was a dean there. She said I was impeding her progress. We were again at a red light. Good thing I was in her way. Cross traffic would not have been as forgiving as my Patriot Bumper. I picked Commando due to it being a unique green. I would have chosen Anvil, but did not want a TrailHawk. Happy with my Renegade to this point. My first accessory was the Rubber Cargo Mat that I got at a deal shipped free. They retail for $75.00. I got it for $66.25 tax & shipping free.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They were trying to figure out what that awesomeness was in front of them....
LOL. You definitely made out in that crash. I've wondered how'd the Renegade do in rear-end impacts.

If it had been my Liberty, It'd blown up right in their faces.

Thanks for being an unwitting crash dummy.

Reactions: cvizzfish

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
There is a video made by the European Crash agency showing the Renegade in crash tests and it looks like it did quite well.

I remember when I first got my Santa Fe, less than a week some girl in an Ford F-150 barely high enough to see over the steering wheel slams into me from behind. That car had got hit so many times its not even funny.

The current car got only hit twice. Hopefully the trend continues to go down to zero by the time I get the Renegade.

TS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.