Jeep Renegade Forum banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I decided to pay a little more in hopes of better quality, and the weight limit is higher at 165#. They are low profile, and shaped like a wing. Are they better than the $79.95 ones? I'll never know. They were an easy install, and look just like the pics. on e-bay; you sometimes see pics. that say they are representative. Of course they are currently out too.
Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291652574175

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was looking at these flush mounts and the one that wyliec posted still isn't available. Doesn't look much different from the cheaper version.

Anyways I found these too. what are your thoughts guys?

LINK1

or

LINK2

or

or (link3 and 4 look the same but 4 is cheaper)

Im thinking link 1 or 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking into using either Thule or Yakima Tracks to install for rails. Either would means purchasing the other parts such as Foot Kit, Towers, and crossbars. I need to find out if these 'Tracks' will match the groove and holes on the roof. Suggestions on how to find these specs?

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
For some of these more aero style bars that mount lower, will the work with the retractable sky roof? Or do you need the design that locates on top of the rails for more clearance. Seems like it would be easier to remove the roof panels with more room under the crossbars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For some of these more aero style bars that mount lower, will the work with the retractable sky roof? Or do you need the design that locates on top of the rails for more clearance. Seems like it would be easier to remove the roof panels with more room under the crossbars.
I just installed the aerobar knockoffs from ebay. I have mysky panels and had to find the sweet spot to install them in but mysky still works!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the update. Sweet spot as in the retractable mode, or removing them? Or do you still have to wrestle them out from under the rack to completely remove the panels?
Sweet spot as in you gotta put the aerobars in a specific spot or else the retractable mysky panel will hit the bar when it power retracts. Removing the panels outright should not be a problem though.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Now to bring this around to post #1 . I snagged a used set of roof rails yesterday. They are definitely extruded aluminum front to back on plastic mounts with rubber seals. Nicely made. They are absolutely side-dependent (left vs right) and (front vs back). So you need to get LH or RH rails (or both).

There are probably parts numbers for the metal rail and for the plastic mount. Check to be sure.

I snagged these off car-parts.com. I have been watching every few days. Called someone two hours away and they had them (though would not have if I called 3 hours later), they saved them for me as they were good people. So they are out there, just gotta do diligence. HTH.

·
Registered
364 Posts
101 - 120 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.