Jeep Renegade Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Welcome to the forum Tinman. The mod is easy to do. Use your search function. Waay to much posted on this. Just gotta to a little searching. And the mod is well worth it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey guys first time poster. I just bought a new 2016 sport. It has nothing on the roof, No rails. Do they even make these so I can install them? know they make the wide inserts but I cant seem to find the long rails

thanks
:ReneBlueWave:
Snag a set from a salvage yard, will be way cheaper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, I'm going after a set of factory roof rails from a salvage yard. Does anyone know what size the allen bolts are that hold the rail to the roof? Are they truly allen and not torque's head. Just want to take the right tools the first time. Yes, I have to take them off. Got a steal, $100.00 for the silver limited rails.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 · (Edited)
They are Allen head. Can't say on size. Really try to get the bolts and black gutter trim and clips that all go with the rails. The covers to the bolts pops off with a tiny flathead screwdriver. IIRC the black gutter trim pops up at the front but slides back at the hatch in order to get off. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
And remember, the long black gutter trim between the rail feet is held down with a 2" long super sticky foam tape. Not a clip so it's not gonna just pop up. I suggest considering a thin shim to get under the trim and slowly separate it rather than pull up hard from above. The trim may buckle sharply and discolor if you pull up hard all ape-like. Again, It's easy. Yet easy does it with handling trim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Removing Roof Rails

Hello! I'm looking to remove my silver roof rails on my 2015 UK renegade so i can plasti dip them black (will be easier to spray the underside). Anyone done this and know if it's as simple as just unscrewing from the top or are there some screws inside the vehicle too? Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Hello! I'm looking to remove my silver roof rails on my 2015 UK renegade so i can plasti dip them black (will be easier to spray the underside). Anyone done this and know if it's as simple as just unscrewing from the top or are there some screws inside the vehicle too? Thanks in advance! :)
Simple as removing the snap caps and unscrewing. Leave the black seal and trim alone. Just lift up. Easy.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.