Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I remember reading on here that someone put axle stands under the trailing arm mounts. I think it was in the DIY section.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did anybody notice if you use the marked lift points on the body that the jack will end up crushing the black plastic trim ? If you get down and look under the lift point you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The scissor jack that comes with the spare tire will straddle the pinch weld points, missing the plastic piece next to it. The manual directions are fine for changing a tire. I just wish they had considered adding defined jack stand points. Other cars include this info, why not Jeep?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I remember reading on here that someone put axle stands under the trailing arm mounts. I think it was in the DIY section.
I started the recent thread in the DIY section. I put the Jack Stands under the arm mounts as shown in the other thread by retiredguns for the bumper install. It worked great and I used some old blanket material on top of the jack stands so that the arm wouldn't get scratched. I just installed the undermount hitch on my Latitude and this made it much easier.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Did anybody notice if you use the marked lift points on the body that the jack will end up crushing the black plastic trim ? If you get down and look under the lift point you will see what I mean.
This is typical of European cars. BMW, Mercedes, etc. Special jack pads matching the shape of the jack points are suppose to be used.

Among the BMW DIY'er circles we typically ignore the factory jack points and just lift from reinforced area of the chassis, like bulkheads where suspension arms interface with the chassis. Or, via the rear differential housing (if one has a jack that can reach that far). Not saying the Renegade could be lifted via the rear diff housing. I don't know how strong those suckers are under the Jeep.

The ones who can spare the expense buy specially made CNC jack pads with their jacks and use the factory jack points.

This is probably a possible product for companies like @MADNESSAutoworks.

Here's a picture of what a typical aftermarket BMW jackpad looks like. Not much to them but they are not cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a look in the handbook (UK models) and I can't see nothing about it in there.
so here in the states, New York specifically, my wife purchased a 2018 jeep renegade latitude. According to the 2018 renegade user guide on page 292 in the index, it will give you jacking instructions. And it tells you to refer to page 165. When you get to page 165, it gives you all the Jack and the tools and everything else if your jeep is equipped with a spare tire which hers wasn’t, but the lift points or as follows; on the driver side about 4 inches we’re gonna say six overall from the front tire under the drivers door on the sub frame there is a Jackpoint for a scissor jack. On the same side up about equal distance from the back tire underneath the back passenger door, And likewise mirrored image on the passenger side

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.