Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2019 Renegade Sport did not come with a spare tire, just the repair inflator. This has bothered me since the day I got mine last July. I finally went ahead and got the Spare Tire Kit from Just For Jeeps. I just did not like the idea of driving around with just a repair inflator. I followed the instructions from someone else and installed it just about exactly like they showed. I am not going to include pictures as this other person has all the pictures on how I followed to install it in cargo area. Eventually I may get a full size rim and tire, but I just wanted something now just in case. Just for Jeeps must be selling quite a few of these, when I ordered mine it was available for immediate shipment and received it in a matter of a few days.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
In our club you must have a spare tire and it has to e the same size as the other 4 or you will not be aloud to go on any trail rides, parades or any thing that the Jeep is driving in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I would have noticed the Renegade did not have a spare at the time, I would have tried to get the dealer to work it into the deal. I find it very lacking by any auto manufacturer to not include at least a compact spare. The flat inflator would be useless for anything other then a small puncture in the tread area of a tire.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
The TH all come with spares! The rest of the line dose not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think some off the other model Renegades do come with a spare tire included, might depend on option package possibly, not really sure. When I was looking at my dealer website in the past, they showed some models with a spare tire other then the TH. I remember seeing a 2019 Sport with a spare.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2017 Limited came with a compact spare, as well. I checked the the rest of the kit that came with it and found that the towing eye bolt was missing. There was a spot for it but no eye bolt. A trip to a dealership solved that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 Sport which didn’t have a spare, just the inflator. Bought the spare tire kit from Just for Jeeps. Now I at least feel much more comfortable knowing the donut spare is available should a flat occur. Very impressed with the spare tire kit. Even the scisssor jack is OEM and not some clone knock-off. Inexpensive “insurance” for peace of mind.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have posted a few times already on the same topic.

My local scrapyard supplied me with a compatible alloy wheel and tyre (almost new) for around (don't quote me) £30.

It fits in the boot with a minimum loss of height of around 1" or 25mm.

Well worth the effort and visit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts