Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story, I purchased a renegade sport 4x4 with a bunch of packages that basically made it a latitude minus the fog lights. That being said I want oem fogs. I spent several hours finding the parts numbers for the mounting hardware. Maybe this information can help someone with their project.

The fog light bezels Blk/Gry (part you insert into bumper side specific)
5XB28XS9AA Right
5XB32XS9AA Left

Fog light housing (not side specific)
68256470AA (you need two of these)

Screw Clips
6106180AA (you need four)

Screws
6107137AA (you need four)

The installation is self explanatory after you get the bumper plugs out. I have not researched the wiring as of yet but will update when info is available. Any information on wiring would be appreciated. I included the two parts diagrams I altered to include parts numbers for reference.

Have a good one,
Alec

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Included picture of the inside of bumper. You can see the plastic grate that needs to be popped out and the mounts for the clips and screws for the fog light housing. The other picture is of the bezels I received. The bezels are the grey/blk not the grey/chrome. The parts numbers listed are for the grey/blk.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am moving to the next step, the wiring. Both sides have the plug in the attached picture. Anyone who has OEM fogs, is this the plug you have to connect to the H11 bulb? If so it may just be a fuse/relay and change of interior light switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photo of all the parts you will need. (parts numbers above)
[/URL][/IMG]
Turn your wheels to provide access to the access door.
[/URL][/IMG]
Remove the access door. Pull out center screw then pull off door.
[/URL][/IMG]
Locate the front grill inserts.
[/URL][/IMG]
Remove front grill inserts. I used a plastic trim tool. They came out easily.
[/URL][/IMG]
Install metal clips. (nipple side facing out)
[/URL][/IMG]
Install fog lamp assembly. It will sit in there without screws if lined up correctly. There are two plastic points to line up on. Screw in the two with clips.
[/URL][/IMG]
Press the bezels on. Just make sure all the attachment points line up and press on. You will hear a very quiet snap.
[/URL][/IMG]
Plug in the wire harness, and secure the access door.
[/URL][/IMG]
Finished
[/URL][/IMG]

The switch has not arrived, but hopefully after install I will have working fogs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A forum member informed me that his Sport didn't have the driver side fog lamp wire. Perhaps different packages do not have it.

Part # 68317565AA

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought my Sport on 5/28. I also would like to upgrade to the OEM fog lights. You did an excellent write up on parts and install. However, you said you were waiting for the switch, but you never mentioned the part number or the price. I know the switch on the Sport does not have the fog light function. I also wonder if the Sport dash cluster will have the fog light indicator. You will probably have to have the car programmed in order to communicate with the new fog lights.

I found part #5XN691XH9A for a head light switch, but I don't know if it's for the Sport or the one with the fog light function. Waiting to here how you made out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought my Sport on 5/28. I also would like to upgrade to the OEM fog lights. You did an excellent write up on parts and install. However, you said you were waiting for the switch, but you never mentioned the part number or the price. I know the switch on the Sport does not have the fog light function. I also wonder if the Sport dash cluster will have the fog light indicator. You will probably have to have the car programmed in order to communicate with the new fog lights.

I found part #5XN691XH9A for a head light switch, but I don't know if it's for the Sport or the one with the fog light function. Waiting to here how you made out.
I believe the correct part number for the switch is 5XN68LXHAA. That is the switch with the auto lights, fog lights and ambient lighting controls. Don't quote me but I think all renegade parts end with an AA. I haven't received mine yet so I can not 100% confirm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to update my headlight switch part number. I found 5XN69LXHAA which is also a headlight switch. It also costs about the same as the 5XN68LXHAA. Sorry about the incorrect part number. I start seeing things when I research too late. Hopefully the Sport wiring is compatible with the full featured head light switch. I mentioned the programming for the fog light function because of my experience installing OEM fog lights on my 2006 PT Cruiser. Everything plugged into the existing wiring, but the lights would not work. $110 donated to the dealer produced desired results because the car had to be programmed to recognize the lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Switch install

The correct part # for the switch is 5XN68LXHAA. $69.99

Remove the side panel

Remove the screw and the lower panel. This allows you to push the switch from behind to remove. You could skip these steps but removing the panels makes install easier.

Remove the old switch.

Use plastic trim tools to disengage the 4 metal clips on the switch.

Disconnect the wire by moving the red lock and install new switch. Don't forget to lock the harness connector when reinstalling.

Push the new switch in until the 4 metal clips engage.

Bad news is the fogs and the auto lights do not work. This was expected and I will be going to the dealer for a computer flash. The switch does operate the head lights with no loss of function, so there is no safety concern in the meantime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice switch install instructions. The other switch number is the original for the Sport (no fog light function). I hope your flash goes without a hitch. My dealer (guy in parts department) said it couldn't be done because it ties in with the VIN which, of course, is for a vehicle without foglights. My Sport and I are anxiously waiting your outcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question on fog lamp install...

Hi Alec. I was wondering how the activation of the fog lights is going. I also had a question about the fog light assembly 68256470AA. You were able to find them for $37 which is way cheaper than I was able to find them on the internet. My best price was over $50 plus shipping. Any info about getting the lights for $37 would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made it to the dealer for the activation. The BCM took the flash no problem, but no fog lights. The tech found the problem. The wire harness is complete but the wires terminate in the fuse box both going in from the fogs and exiting to the BCM. He offered to fix it and connect it to the relay, but I was pressed for time and didn't have the $150 bucks. So the last step is to find the wires (he gave me a diagram) these need to be connected to the relay and everything should work. The relay is one of the 20 amp red ones in the fuse box.

Cruiser66, I believe I bought the fog light assemblies at moparamerica.com, look up coupon codes before your order they had a 20% one active.

In reference to the flash. There is a flash for both the fogs and headlights to make them LED compatible, meaning you do not need a canbus adapter to eliminate flicker and errors. I had that flash done and my LED head lights do not flicker or show errors without an adapter installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting info, Alec. I decided to install an aftermarket wire harness for fog lights. I also purchased the H11 adapters to connect to the fog lights. The harness includes a surface mount power switch, relay, fuse holder, and fuse. The lights will be controlled independent of the BCM and can be turned on or off at any time regardless of the headlight switch. I figure it's worth $7 even if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the info on the fog light assemblies, but they were not running any coupons when I checked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made it to the dealer for the activation. The BCM took the flash no problem, but no fog lights. The tech found the problem. The wire harness is complete but the wires terminate in the fuse box both going in from the fogs and exiting to the BCM. He offered to fix it and connect it to the relay, but I was pressed for time and didn't have the $150 bucks. So the last step is to find the wires (he gave me a diagram) these need to be connected to the relay and everything should work. The relay is one of the 20 amp red ones in the fuse box.

Cruiser66, I believe I bought the fog light assemblies at moparamerica.com, look up coupon codes before your order they had a 20% one active.

In reference to the flash. There is a flash for both the fogs and headlights to make them LED compatible, meaning you do not need a canbus adapter to eliminate flicker and errors. I had that flash done and my LED head lights do not flicker or show errors without an adapter installed.
Did you ever get the fog lights to work? Also after the flash, do the auto lights work? My wife would like to have auto lights like her previous vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Short story, I purchased a renegade sport 4x4 with a bunch of packages that basically made it a latitude minus the fog lights. That being said I want oem fogs. I spent several hours finding the parts numbers for the mounting hardware. Maybe this information can help someone with their project.

The fog light bezels Blk/Gry (part you insert into bumper side specific)
5XB28XS9AA Right
5XB32XS9AA Left

Fog light housing (not side specific)
68256470AA (you need two of these)

Screw Clips
6106180AA (you need four)

Screws
6107137AA (you need four)

The installation is self explanatory after you get the bumper plugs out. I have not researched the wiring as of yet but will update when info is available. Any information on wiring would be appreciated. I included the two parts diagrams I altered to include parts numbers for reference.

Have a good one,
Alec
Did you get the wiring sorted out?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts