My dealership said I need a code to activate mine with the FLASH, but I ordered mine from rock auto... I did not see a code that they could use to input.Made it to the dealer for the activation. The BCM took the flash no problem, but no fog lights. The tech found the problem. The wire harness is complete but the wires terminate in the fuse box both going in from the fogs and exiting to the BCM. He offered to fix it and connect it to the relay, but I was pressed for time and didn't have the $150 bucks. So the last step is to find the wires (he gave me a diagram) these need to be connected to the relay and everything should work. The relay is one of the 20 amp red ones in the fuse box.
Cruiser66, I believe I bought the fog light assemblies at moparamerica.com, look up coupon codes before your order they had a 20% one active.
In reference to the flash. There is a flash for both the fogs and headlights to make them LED compatible, meaning you do not need a canbus adapter to eliminate flicker and errors. I had that flash done and my LED head lights do not flicker or show errors without an adapter installed.
I thought that too... mine was attached to the windshield washer pump... long story short the connector was different and I had to buy a fog lamp jumper wire.A forum member informed me that his Sport didn't have the driver side fog lamp wire. Perhaps different packages do not have it.
Part # 68317565AA
My basic understanding of how a fuse box is wired is that if power is not already run to a particular fuse/relay, then you would need to jump the power from a fuse/relay that has power in the correct "state" of the key. This means they may always have power supplied or only when the ignition is on. This is just for the power.
As for the BCM portion, the first thing someone needs to do is compare the plug on the light switch from Renegade with no fog lights to one with factory fog lights. It's possible that there is a wire or 2 missing on the Sport models. This would mean the BCM is not getting the signal to turn the fog lights on. If the wiring at the switch is identical, next would need research into whether there are more than one part numbers for the BCM. It may be possible that the BCM in a Sport physically has no controller for the factory fog lights and a Latitude BCM would be needed.
One poster above said they are able to cut the wire running from the fogs to the BCM and splice it straight to a switch which worked. This leads me to believe that the limitation is either the BCM itself, a wire missing from the light switch harness to the BCM and/or needing to energize the fuse/relay for the fogs.
It would help to know if someone would confirm if the auto lights started working after the re-flash. If they did start working, that signals that all necessary wires are likely running between the switch and BCM and would narrow down the issue to the BCM itself and/or the need to jump power from an energized relay/fuse to the fog light relay/fuse. This could be easily confirmed by using a short piece of wire and running directly from the battery to the fog light relay/fuse.
I am not looking to add a toggle and would like to get them to work with the OEM switch, I just don't want them on every time I turn the headlights on. It appears that 2/3rds of this thread gets about 98% there and if adding a jumper in the fuse box (a pic would be great) is the other 2% then I'm game and can follow the directions here. The OBX thing, if I'm remembering correctly, doesn't list the renegade as a compatible model.Cam can I presume you want to use fog lights independantly and not with normal beam?
My 2018 functions the same way yours does. (I do have the "Auto" feature that will turn on the headlights for me. But I haven't reached that stage in my life yet.)I turn on my low beam with the rotary dial and then I press a different switch to have my foig lamps come on. 2 stage process for me hence I must have a different set up in the 2015 model.
Can I upgrade to auto lights with this module. I want to add fog lights and auto light function. Or if I don’t have auto lights would I need another switch??I believe the correct part number for the switch is 5XN68LXHAA. That is the switch with the auto lights, fog lights and ambient lighting controls. Don't quote me but I think all renegade parts end with an AA. I haven't received mine yet so I can not 100% confirm.
W E L C O M E ! ! !Can I upgrade to auto lights with this module. I want to add fog lights and auto light function. Or if I don’t have auto lights would I need another switch??