Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all you guys.
I am new in this forum. My name is Mike and I live in Greece.
Just bought a Renegade 1.4L Limited edition, manual 6speed.
It has an electric sunroof (Dual Pane), 18" wheels and keyless entry.

I've only had the car for 4-5 days (only done about 70km), everything is working just fine.
However, even if I have the start&stop feature enabled, the engine has never turned off when I stop in a traffic light.

The battery is 14volts (I checked). I mostly have the A/C turned off. The temperature of the car is just fine (not cold).

Is there anything I have to do in order to get the feature working?
Does the engine need to do some miles/kilometers first before the start&stop starts working?

I would really like to thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When you're at a junction or traffic lights - or even try it parked on the side of a road, with the engine running, put feet on clutch and foot brake, disengage the gear into neutral and with the car in neutral with the foot brake depressed it should switch off the engine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply

First of all, thank you very much for your kind reply.
I will try it later today when I get back from the office, and I will let you know how it goes.

Just to see if I got it right:
I stop at a traffic light by pressing both the clutch and the brake. I put the gear into neutral and then I release just the brake?
Should I keep pressing the clutch?
Or should I release it as well -after releasing the brake-?

Also, should the car be at a full stop (and not rolling) and then to do all above?

What I am normally doing is -before- full stopping at a traffic light, I press the clutch and put the gear in neutral, the car keeps rolling in neutral and I just press the foot brake in order to come at a full stop at the traffic light.

Is the sequence important? Must I first release the foot brake and then the clutch for the Start&Stop to work?

Maybe the problem is that I let the car roll in neutral? Maybe the car needs to be at a full stop before I put the gear in neutral and release the clutch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
First of all, thank you very much for your kind reply.
I will try it later today when I get back from the office, and I will let you know how it goes.

Just to see if I got it right:
I stop at a traffic light by pressing both the clutch and the brake. I put the gear into neutral and then I release just the brake?
Should I keep pressing the clutch?
Or should I release it as well -after releasing the brake-?

Also, should the car be at a full stop (and not rolling) and then to do all above?

What I am normally doing is -before- full stopping at a traffic light, I press the clutch and put the gear in neutral, the car keeps rolling in neutral and I just press the foot brake in order to come at a full stop at the traffic light.

Is the sequence important? Must I first release the foot brake and then the clutch for the Start&Stop to work?

Maybe the problem is that I let the car roll in neutral? Maybe the car needs to be at a full stop before I put the gear in neutral and release the clutch.
No you stay on the Brake then shift into Neutral and then relase Clutch and Breake ... when you touch anything clutch or so the Car restarts ... start stop needs a warm engine ... with Temperature below 88° C there is no start Stop availlable

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I will try and let you know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried it again this morning. Still I cannot get it to work. I checked the water temperature to be over 88 degrees.

Is it possible that the engine needs to run for some miles/kilometers before the start&stop feature is enabled?
As I said the car is brand new and I have only done about 85kilometers on it.

I think I have read in another thread from a renegade owner that he had to do 200miles and then his start&stop feature started working.
Is that a possibility?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Madvinegar

To be honest I would say it works on my car but not every time. For example when reversing into my drive at home and parking up I always have to turn it off manually but it does work most times at junctions. I think it may have something to do with hesitating too long when stopped before coming off the clutch. Technology love it or hate it.
Jabber60

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Madvinegar - as an update I have just been out in my Renegade and have experimented. If I apply the handbrake before coming off the clutch it doesn't work. I need to stop, foot on brake, put it into neutral, come off the clutch, it stops, then apply the handbrake if you want to - or stay on the brake - or just let it be if on the level.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, today the start&stop feature started working. (hoorey!).

From what I understand I needed to actually use the vehicle in traffic. All I was doing up to now was taking the car for a ride during late hours where there was no traffic, and the outside temperature was low.
Today I actually had to engage in traffic. Starting and stopping every few meters. And voila, at one traffic light the engine turned off, and the Start&Stop indicator lighted green on the dash. As soon as I pressed the clutch, the engine immediately turned on.

I was monitoring the temperatures and the battery voltage this time. I saw that the temperature had risen well above 88 degrees and the battery voltage had gone up to 14.8 volts.

So, I suppose all is ok.
I would like to thank you all for your kind assistance and helpful replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.