Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Automotive News, a senior Jeep executive recently mentioned that the success of the Jeep Renegade has increased sales expectations of a larger crossover due next year. The vehicle, called C-SUV internally will be shown before next summer, most likely at the NY Auto show in late March.
Word on the street was that the vehicle would retain both the front and rear look of the current Jeep Renegade while be bigger in size.

As for what it may look like, the spy photo (shown below) gives an indication even if it is covered in in the usual camouflage.

and a render of what it may look like, if indeed it keeps the Renegades front and rear look.

While I still feel the Renegade appeals to my needs, this C-SUV may appeal to those looking for a bit more space.

Thoughts?

TS

Sources:
1- Automotive News
2- Autocar

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a stretch Renegade.

so what does the C stand for?
CUV is cross over Ute? I had an old Isuzu Trooper, that was the epitome of SUV, the most utilitarian of all of the old originals i.m.o.
I always thought CUV meant Crossover Utility Vehicle and in this case C-SUV could be Crossover Sport Utility Vehicle, but I could be wrong.

TS

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I personally like the unique look of the Renegade - it's a big reason I bought one - and would prefer that it not be copied to another Jeep vehicle.

Reactions: Renegade Girl

·
Registered
95 Posts
See the driver in the camouflage picture? He looks too big for the vehicle, like an Alice in Wonderland image. I think that vehicle could almost replace the Grand Cherokee and Jeep could benefit if they offered a third row. There are limited choices for people in that market. Do you think it could be in the same class as the Mazda 9x that has a third row for seating?

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
See the driver in the camouflage picture? He looks too big for the vehicle, like an Alice in Wonderland image. I think that vehicle could almost replace the Grand Cherokee and Jeep could benefit if they offered a third row. There are limited choices for people in that market. Do you think it could be in the same class as the Mazda 9x that has a third row for seating?
No, at most it would be nissan rogue like. The third row there is useless.

But seeing this, after speculating on the 2017 refresh got me thinking.

I wonder if the renegade will be getting bigger. The hurricane engine hits, which has more oomph, and CAFE rewards a larger wheel base. Patriot will be gone by that point, and if you regard the jeep line up as split between the rugged looking wrangler, wrangler pickup, and renegade, and the civilized compass, cherokee, grand cherokee, a bit of overlap in sizes makes more sense. (plus I think the cherokee may grow so it can be the journey sibling that the liberty was).

Maybe I'm smoking the bad crack here, but a thought.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
everything small gets larger thru time, humans, cars, etc lol
I remember the Tuscon, CR-V, Escape etc, they were tiny. Shoot even the Mini. Now they are huge compared to their beginnings. The Renegade will get big too, eventually.
Excellent (older) article about cars getting bigger and bigger. The images are quite interesting.

Good point raz made about the Hurricane engine and a slightly bigger Renegade to hold it.

TS

·
Registered
246 Posts
I like the looks of the front end much more than the new Cherokee/Grand Cherokee. This would make a nice replacement for the Patriot and/or Compass.
Spot on!

Jeep is planning to eliminate the Patriot and Compass in or by 2017. This will be their replacement for the mid-size CUV market. So I doubt they will make it any larger. It is planned for the Grand Cherokee to have an update for the 2018 model year - so maybe they will expand it for a 3rd row? It makes more sense to me to do that with the GC. It will also help set it more apart from the regular Cherokee (they are already too similar in my book).

·
Registered
111 Posts
For CUV/SUV
B segment - Renegade length around 420 cm -> Nissan Juke, Opel Mokka/Buick Encore, ...
C segment - new Compass lenght around 440 cm -> Nissan Qashqai, ...
D segment - Cherokee lenght around 460 cm -> BMW X3

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Interesting how word on the street suggests that the front and rear are speculated to resemble the Renegade, yet the camo'd vehicle has a front and rear that look nothing like a Renegade.
But that could be padding under that camo sheet to make it look like something different when it isn't.
This isn't the first time I hear that the new C-SUV will have the front and rear similar to the current Renegade. Then there is this actual shot taken of an extended Renegade a while back... could it be the one and the same just with camo padding? things that make you go hmmmm

Now if we go by member MJAB's definition of the sizes for each segment, then 20cm of the C segment is about 7.8 inches longer than the B segment Renegade. Judging by the mock up side by side I did above, that could be about 7 inches.

TS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.