Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for those of us on this side of this world, there is no tailgate camera, even as an option. Are there aftermarket products or OEM's available for installation? Has anyone tried an installation?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The European version dont have a camera. Just the digital image of the car, pops up when u put i in reverse. There are already made room for a camera in the back. But there is just a hatch over the hole. I too would to like to add a camera.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The European version dont have a camera. Just the digital image of the car, pops up when u put i in reverse. There are already made room for a camera in the back. But there is just a hatch over the hole. I too would to like to add a camera.
The camera is an option when buying.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a couple of cars that had backup sensors and when the car was put in reverse an image of the back of the car would come up and as you got closer to an object behind you it would beep faster and a line on the screen would get closer to the car. I suppose if you had this you would have said so, but I thought I would ask. Why else would an image of a car appear on the screen? My Fiat 500L had this feature.

·
Registered
580 Posts
this is a good question. i also wonder if there is already a harness installed (small possibility)
If you remove the interior trim from the hatch you should be able to see if the harness is present. My guess is no. Copper wires are expensive and the manufacturer does not incur any extra time/labor penalty for not installing it. So why would they install the harness by default?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.