Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I look at the 2015 model overview posted by MednessAutoworks, it lead me to thinking about the 2017 mid year refresh of the Renegade as outlined in their roadmap below.

So I figure it would be fun putting down predictions/wants of what might show up in the 2017 mid year refresh. So when the time comes, we can come back and see what panned out or not.

Predictions added as they are posted (with the poster who first suggested it)

Overall (Interior & Exterior), Options
Rearrangement of option packaging (raz-0)
Better advertising & pricelist (syzygy)
Engine Block Heater (TS)
Advanced Tech Group for Trailhawk (TS)
(Frontal Collision, Lane Departure, Parksense warnings)

Engine / Mechanical / Performance
2.4L with Manual Transmission (TS, StealyFace65)
Limited slip or electrical locking differentials (bwbike)
Start/Stop for Trailhawk (raz-0)
Drop 1.4 L and add 2.4 L manual (Leonidasthesnake)
Hurricane engine (220 hp 220 ft lbs) (Leonidasthesnake)
240 Hp SRT version for Trailhawk (bwbike)
Supercharged 2.4 L (Rufus)
A Sports Mode on the automatic transmission (Rufus)
Diesel version for the U.S. models (TS)
Bigger fuel tank (Rufus)

Exterior
Optional Power Rear Lift Gate (TS)
CommandView Powered Glass roof (TS)
Tweak to bumper design (dual exhaust pipes) (raz-0, TS)
More lineup of exterior colors (raz-0)
Glass/Clear MySky panels (Leonidasthesnake)
Xenon headlights for U.S. (fmunk)
Powered glass sunroof (StealyFace65)

Audio / Multimedia
Android Auto / Apple Carplay compatibility (TS)

Interior
Rear Heated seats (TS)
More color options for Trailhawk model (TS, StealyFace65)
Different color accents that match the cars color (TS)
Soft padded arm rests (TS)
Memory Settings for power seats (Hypocrite)
More storage space (under seat compartment) (StealyFace65)
Sunglasses Holder (StealyFace65)
Larger front door compartments (StealyFace65)
Lumbar support for drivers seat (StealyFace65)
Better quality manual gear shift knob (StealyFace65)
Lay flat rear seats (TS)

Safety / Convenience
Homelink rear view mirror (TS)
All windows down with remote (Thud Nugget)
Retractable Tonneau cover (TS)

If you have any others post them up, and I'll add them to the list above. :D

Updated roadmap as of August 2015 below.

TS

·
Registered
132 Posts
SRT version of the Trailhawk with a 250 hp engine and manual transmission.

Limited slip differentials, or at least electrically locking differentials.

One can hope. :D
If the Grand Cherokee can get it's "Trackhawk" package with the Hellcat V8, surely we can get some sort of Trackhawk package after a while.. preferably not with the Hellcat V8 though. I don't think our little Renegade could handle it... :)

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
For us, start stop and possibly the new version of the tigershark. The cyclone or whatever they are calling it. Probably a new lineup of colors and a rearrangement of option packaging. Probably a tweak to bumper design too.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'm stumped, what is start stop?
And yes on the bumper design. I never liked the one tailpipe approach. I feel they should have one on each side.

TS

·
Registered
54 Posts
drop the 1.4t have the 2.4 as the base with either manual or auto. Have two upgrade engines one a diesel the other the hurricane engine somewhere in the 220 hp 220 ft lbs.

bigger fuel tank. 12.7 is tiny only Honda's and Toyota's cars have tanks that small. needs to be at least 15 gallons.

more interior color options for trailhawk and more ascent colors for trailhawk. don't restrict interior color options based on exterior colors choice. if i want a blue renegade i should still be able to chose the brown, gray, orange interior.

glass/clear mysky panels.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah I've heard of that. Just didn't connect the dots. Excellent prediction. (should improve mileage as well)

TS

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Have two upgrade engines one a diesel the other the hurricane engine somewhere in the 220 hp 220 ft lbs.
I second the hurricane engine, what I'm hoping for is that is has more power so the 4 cylinder does not have to wind-up so much, so it is smoother and quieter, more like a 6 cylinder and has more torque for off-road.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I second the hurricane engine, what I'm hoping for is that is has more power so the 4 cylinder does not have to wind-up so much, so it is smoother and quieter, more like a 6 cylinder and has more torque for off-road.
I wouldn't hold out hope if they step down to the 2.0. The issue will be either a fast small turbo that chokes at high rpms, or one that breathes well up top, but takes time to spool. IF they go for the 2.4, odds are better for something nice in that regard, but it'd probably go well past 220 if packaged appropriately. Set up for a 4x4 maybe something like 240/270 might make sense. The fuel economy would probably suck though if you accelerate even a smidge aggressively.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'd like to see diesel and Xenon headlights come to the states. But, if what Jeep has done with other models in the past is any indication, all they will do are new colors, plus new decals and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd like to see diesel and Xenon headlights come to the states. But, if what Jeep has done with other models in the past is any indication, all they will do are new colors, plus new decals and call it a day.
Mine is also diesel with xenon lights. I cant understand why they don't make these things available in north america. Is it some sort of legislation?
For some reason we can't get a trailhawk with a manual gearbox which is the norm over here.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I want a Trailhawk with a bigger and more powerful engine as an option. And it must be mated to a manual transmission for me to buy it. But don't make the car any bigger.

Call it SRT, Trailhawk Plus, or whatever.

And, maybe a real transfer case with two speeds. One can wish right?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do any of you have any updated news on what the 2017 redeign will look like?
We have a 2016 info in 2 threads which dictate the options and features being offered for the 2016 MY, but anything for 2017 is way too soon.
Plus according to the roadmap in the first post, 2017 would be a refresh not a redesign.

TS

·
Registered
181 Posts
Definitely a larger gas tank... at least 15gals...or an auxilary/secondary tank.
A "sports mode' on the auto tranny like the Grand Cherokee.
A supercharged 2.4L.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mine is also diesel with xenon lights. I cant understand why they don't make these things available in north america. Is it some sort of legislation?
For some reason we can't get a trailhawk with a manual gearbox which is the norm over here.
Emissions and cost. US has stricter exhaust emissions regulations than Europe. As for cost, adding Xenons into the US Renegade would cut into profit margins (since the Renegade is imported) and to account for the increased cost, if they were to add it to the price, it would bump price high enough to be uncompetitive with comparable offerings from other marques.

Additional engineering required to make the diesel engines meet US regulations would also mean additional cost. Given FCA's current financial situation, I don't see them doing it any time soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have only had mine for four days and I'm really liking it.
Just a few improvements I would suggest:
- powered glass sunroof
- more storage space, maybe an under seat compartment like the Cherokee
- a space to store your sunglasses, besides under the arm rest
- larger front door compartments
- a clip for a garage door opener (most will not fit onto the unusually thick visors)
- a manual option with the 2.4 engine
- lumbar support in the driver seat
- a better quality manual gear shift knob
- a driver release/locking gas tank access door

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.